Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2006 5:53:07 PM EDT
How is it perform? Well built?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I recently purchased the "Lite Hawg" 9mm with a steel slide. This 3" pistol cost more than many fine guns out there and I had high expectations.

Well, I purchased NIB online from a dealer I purchased from previously. The Hawg arrived and I took it to my local range - everyone there was impressed with the look and feel.

Then I went to shoot it and it wasn't a Hawg but a DOG! Jammed constantly, every type of jam including jamming a live round in the chamber. I was shooting the ammo they recommend and had several of my range friends try it - DOGGGG.

Very disappointed with this. Called Para and was asked to send it in. Well, that cost me close to $40. When I got it back (very quick turn around) the work order said - installed new PXT assembly and adjusted magazine feed lips. Worked fine but I'm out the shipping which just increased the cost of that gun.

Ordered a new magazine and it jammed repeatedly!!! Sent in back and they replaced it saying that if it didn't work send back the gun and magazine!!! Unbelievable.

I know this is only my experience but this experience is enough not to buy Para again nor recommend them.

A great gun for the money - not in the category we're discussing - is the Taurus PT92. For the money it's FINE.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#2]
One of the things that I have repeatedly heard about Paras ( and I own a P10.45) is that the magazine is the weak link of the system.  I have a lot of jamming in mine as well.  Try this.  Feed the weapon one round at a time without the mag in the weapon.  Do this for about 20 rounds.  See how many FTEs or FTFs you get on your new weapon.  I have been told that a possible fix (although I have not tried this) is to put a replacement higher power spring, like a wolff or a spring from a P12 in the P10/Warthog mag.

Just my .02
Don
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:49:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds reasonable. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:02:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 745 LDA.  Initially I had a lot of FTE/FTFs, but thought it  just needed broken in.  I have had no FTE or FTF  since switching all of my mags to Chip McCormick's.  Coincindence.......maybe not.

Rob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top