Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/9/2003 10:09:01 AM EDT
The thread on sloppy technique prompted this poll. Have you received training on handgun manipulation and shooting?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:15:03 AM EDT
I will be taking a 2 day pistol course at Mid-South Shooting institute in Lake Cormorant, Mississippi pretty soon. Then go back and take a 5 day pistol, rifle, and carbine class.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:48:04 AM EDT
Have you been to MidSouth before? I am originally from Memphis and am very familiar with the area. I have not gone to MidSouth to date because they shoot isoceles mostly, and due to some eye problems I pretty much shoot a hard weaver.

Just got back from Thunder Ranch Pistol/Rifle H.I.T. class. Lots of fun.

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:56:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:13:04 PM EDT
Went to the range today. The training that I've received from skilled and talented individuals definitely showed.

It was a good day!

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:28:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By drjeffallen:
Went to the range today. The training that I've received from skilled and talented individuals definitely showed.

It was a good day!

Even a blind hog can find an acorn.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:44:35 PM EDT
I have no formal training whatsoever. But as soon as I get my guns together the way I want them, I'll be taking as many courses as I can enroll in and afford.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to love the challenge of it all.

I'm reading all I can about places like Thunder Ranch so I show up at these places with the right gear and not a bunch of stuff that will just break the first day. I'm a gear queer, but a functional, gear queer.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:51:34 PM EDT
Training is a must! Find an enthusiastic instructor!

I used to think I new shit, until I got formal training. I feel 100 times safer and more professional since!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:14:49 PM EDT
i watch alot of TV, does that count?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:03:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By -Absolut-:
i watch alot of TV, does that count?

A great source for daily training: Miami Vice (catch it on the 'new' TNN)
Top Top