Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2003 10:09:01 AM EDT
The thread on sloppy technique prompted this poll. Have you received training on handgun manipulation and shooting?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:15:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I will be taking a 2 day pistol course at Mid-South Shooting institute in Lake Cormorant, Mississippi pretty soon.  Then go back and take a 5 day pistol, rifle, and carbine class.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:48:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you been to MidSouth before? I am originally from Memphis and am very familiar with the area. I have not gone to MidSouth to date because they shoot isoceles mostly, and due to some eye problems I pretty much shoot a hard weaver.

Just got back from Thunder Ranch Pistol/Rifle H.I.T. class. Lots of fun.

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:56:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Went to the range today.  The training that I've received from skilled and talented individuals definitely showed.

It was a good day!

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Went to the range today.  The training that I've received from skilled and talented individuals definitely showed.

It was a good day!

Even a blind hog can find an acorn.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I have no formal training whatsoever. But as soon as I get my guns together the way I want them, I'll be taking as many courses as I can enroll in and afford.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to love the challenge of it all.

I'm reading all I can about places like Thunder Ranch so I show up at these places with the right gear and not a bunch of stuff that will just break the first day. I'm a gear queer, but a functional, gear queer.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Training is a must!  Find an enthusiastic instructor!

I used to think I new shit, until I got formal training.  I feel 100 times safer and more professional since!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#8]
i watch alot of TV, does that count?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:03:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i watch alot of TV, does that count?

A great source for daily training: Miami Vice (catch it on the 'new' TNN)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top