Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/15/2006 5:48:44 PM EDT
is it as good as a glock?not trying to be stupid but need opinions.i want a new hand gun and saw one looked nice.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:19:36 AM EDT
They are better than Glocks {imho} Mine shoots better than me but it is a rust bucket-grip safety and trigger start to rust the day after cleaning.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:15:52 PM EDT
good to know about the rust thing.is it the oil your using?i've read about the rear safty sticking and something about the feed tube.thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:54:49 PM EDT
The rust problem is blown way WAY out of proportion. My XD is 3 years old with thousands of rounds through it with zero rust and I carry it often.

It is a much better gun than the Glock and I own several Glocks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:35:48 PM EDT
so what makes it better than a glock?i have heard the rust problem is not as bad as it has been made out to be.is there a fix for it ?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:38:45 PM EDT
I have an XD and live in washington = very humid. I havne't had any problems at all.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:33:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rick16:
They are better than Glocks {imho} Mine shoots better than me but it is a rust bucket-grip safety and trigger start to rust the day after cleaning.

To each his own, but I am hopefully getting rid of my XD in exchange for a Glock 26 tomarrow... the Xd just hasnt overwhelmed me like my recent Glock 30 purchase...
Top Top