Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 5:48:44 PM EDT
is it as good as a glock?not trying to be stupid but need opinions.i want a new hand gun and saw one looked nice.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:19:36 AM EDT
[#1]
They are better than Glocks {imho} Mine shoots better than me but it is a rust bucket-grip safety and trigger start to rust the day after cleaning.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#2]
good to know about the rust thing.is it the oil your using?i've read about the rear safty sticking and something about the feed tube.thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#3]
The rust problem is blown way WAY out of proportion. My XD is 3 years old with thousands of rounds through it with zero rust and I carry it often.

It is a much better gun than the Glock and I own several Glocks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#4]
so what makes it better than a glock?i have heard the rust problem is not as bad as it has been made out to be.is there a fix for it ?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an XD and live in washington = very humid. I havne't had any problems at all.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They are better than Glocks {imho} Mine shoots better than me but it is a rust bucket-grip safety and trigger start to rust the day after cleaning.

To each his own, but I am hopefully getting rid of my XD in exchange for a Glock 26 tomarrow...  the Xd just hasnt overwhelmed me like my recent Glock 30 purchase...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top