Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 7/12/2003 8:25:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/12/2003 8:26:42 PM EDT by leesops]
Hi, new here to this forum, I just got a new USP.45 full size.
Will it shoot 230 grain FMJ or do I need to have a 5inch barrel ?

Also is break-free clp a good cleaner and lub. to use on it (that wont hurt the frame), thanks sorry for the newbie post but I have never owned a .45 always been 9mm, till one day at the range a guy let me shoot his Hk USP .45 compact and I love the .45 but didnt like the compact, so I traded my glock 17 in on the full size HK .45 anyone willing to help out a newbie thanks.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 11:44:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/13/2003 11:45:55 AM EDT by bob-ar15]
Congratulations on a good choice. The USP (full-size or compact) handles FMJ 230 grain just fine. In the full-size USP shoot only jacketed bullets (ie, no LRN or LSWC) - the polygonal rifling increases bore pressures with unjacketed bullets. CLP won't hurt the frame. I prefer a _light_ coating of Tetra grease on the slide rails instead of CLP, but I suspect CLP would work also. BTW, Galco Fed Paddle or Fletch are nice holsters for the full-sized USP.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 3:23:11 PM EDT
bob-ar15, thanks for the info.

I will try the other lub. you spoke of, I did not think the break-free clp would hurt the frame cause HK had a sample pack in the gun case but still wanted to know for sure.

I got a uncle mikes side-kick holster it works great for hidding it my shooting buddy did not even know I had my USP on me and I was wearing a lose t-shirt so I guess it works, but did see a holster at the gun shop last weeken that looked really nice but was $68.99 I didnt look at the name of it after I saw the price tag I walked away.

thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:22:44 AM EDT
Congrats on the new gun.

I've been useing Militec-1 for my lube.www.militec-1.com/ Check their site, you can get a free sample of it, make sure you ask for the lube AND grease.

Alot of guys over at www.hkpro.com swear by it.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top