Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 8/3/2003 5:49:04 PM EDT
Dont know if this is suitable for this topic but I figure I'd better ask those that own a 1911. I have never owned a 1911 pistol but saw a Llama clone in a store and was wundering if it was any good. I have shot a 1911 but never have I owned one. Is this a good pistol? the one I saw looked like a colt commander knock off. It only cost $250 so I though of "I'll get what I pay for". I can spring for a colt 1911 but didnt want to spend so much. Any help would be helpful. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 5:53:03 PM EDT
You'll get what you paid for.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 10:58:58 PM EDT
Avoid Llama, Dan Daly & Llama. Did I mention avoid Llama?

If you're poor like me then I suggest you buy used to save the $$$. I paid $300 for my used Springfield 1911. A good used one is not too easy to find but they're out there.

A NIB Sprigfield can be had for around $450 or so.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 2:03:31 PM EDT
Thanks for the replies. Had to ask cause it was cheap. I just never heard of the Llama line. and yes Iam poor with expensive habits. I have a bunch of guns but no 1911 and was looking to fix that problem, (shot a friends kimber and loved it but thats some money!) Maybe I'll just save a little more for the Kimber or get a colt and spruce it up a bit. Thanks again
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:09:03 PM EDT
Llama's are JUNK!

Get a Colt, I have three and need a couple more myself
Page Handguns » Colt
Top Top