Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 8/3/2003 5:49:04 PM EDT
Dont know if this is suitable for this topic but I figure I'd better ask those that own a 1911. I have never owned a 1911 pistol but saw a Llama clone in a store and was wundering if it was any good. I have shot a 1911 but never have I owned one. Is this a good pistol? the one I saw looked like a colt commander knock off. It only cost $250 so I though of "I'll get what I pay for". I can spring for a colt 1911 but didnt want to spend so much. Any help would be helpful. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll get what you paid for.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Avoid Llama, Dan Daly & Llama. Did I mention avoid Llama?    

If you're poor like me then I suggest you buy used to save the $$$. I paid $300 for my used Springfield 1911. A good used one is not too easy to find but they're out there.

A NIB Sprigfield can be had for around $450 or so.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 2:03:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies. Had to ask cause it was cheap. I just never heard of the Llama line. and yes Iam poor with expensive habits. I have a bunch of guns but no 1911 and was looking to fix that problem, (shot a friends kimber and loved it but thats some money!) Maybe I'll just save a little more for the Kimber or get a colt and spruce it up a bit. Thanks again
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Llama's are JUNK!

Get a Colt, I have three and need a couple more myself
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top