Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
4/25/2017 7:42:44 PM
Posted: 5/28/2002 8:42:37 AM EDT
The safety on my HP works, but not well. When the safety is on and the trigger is pulled, I can see the sear lift up even with the hammer notch. Then, when the safety is lowered and the trigger pulled, it is like a "hair trigger". I have spoken to a gunsmith and he recommends that I get a new safety. I took it apart to see what I could see and find the sear worn in that area while the safety looks quite new. Do I take my chances and get a new safety or do I get a new sear? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:14:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bybon:
The safety on my HP works, but not well. When the safety is on and the trigger is pulled, I can see the sear lift up even with the hammer notch. Then, when the safety is lowered and the trigger pulled, it is like a "hair trigger". I have spoken to a gunsmith and he recommends that I get a new safety. I took it apart to see what I could see and find the sear worn in that area while the safety looks quite new. Do I take my chances and get a new safety or do I get a new sear? Thanks

Is the mag safety still installed on it? If so, you'll see some play like that. Also, is yours the Mark II or Mark III?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 3:22:04 PM EDT
Great! I have my own gunsmith following me. I have a MKII. Yes, I had the mag safety installed. It has been like this as long as I can remember (15 years) Like I said, the safety does work somewhat. If you would not mind I could send you a pic of the parts in question. I have no luck posting pics here.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:03:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bybon:
Great! I have my own gunsmith following me. I have a MKII. Yes, I had the mag safety installed. It has been like this as long as I can remember (15 years) Like I said, the safety does work somewhat. If you would not mind I could send you a pic of the parts in question. I have no luck posting pics here.

Sure, but if you are counting on me as a gunsmith you have bigger problems than you think.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:07:41 PM EDT
Sig_230 that's funny. Maybe I should buy another just in case I get carried away. Pics on the way.
Top Top