Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2002 8:42:37 AM EDT
The safety on my HP works, but not well.  When the safety is on and the trigger is pulled, I can see the sear lift up even with the hammer notch.  Then, when the safety is lowered and the trigger pulled, it is like a "hair trigger".  I have spoken to a gunsmith and he recommends that I get a new safety.  I took it apart to see what I could see and find the sear worn in that area while the safety looks quite new.  Do I take my chances and get a new safety or do I get a new sear?  Thanks
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The safety on my HP works, but not well.  When the safety is on and the trigger is pulled, I can see the sear lift up even with the hammer notch.  Then, when the safety is lowered and the trigger pulled, it is like a "hair trigger".  I have spoken to a gunsmith and he recommends that I get a new safety.  I took it apart to see what I could see and find the sear worn in that area while the safety looks quite new.  Do I take my chances and get a new safety or do I get a new sear?  Thanks

Is the mag safety still installed on it? If so, you'll see some play like that. Also, is yours the Mark II or Mark III?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Great!  I have my own gunsmith following me.    I have a MKII.  Yes, I had the mag safety installed.  It has been like this as long as I can remember (15 years)  Like I said, the safety does work somewhat.  If you would not mind I could send you a pic of the parts in question.  I have no luck posting pics here.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Great!  I have my own gunsmith following me.    I have a MKII.  Yes, I had the mag safety installed.  It has been like this as long as I can remember (15 years)  Like I said, the safety does work somewhat.  If you would not mind I could send you a pic of the parts in question.  I have no luck posting pics here.

Sure, but if you are counting on me as a gunsmith you have bigger problems than you think.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Sig_230 that's funny.  Maybe I should buy another just in case I get carried away.  Pics on the way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top