Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2010 7:13:06 PM EDT
Signed up on Saturday, still haven't been approved. Tried 2 other names with 2 other email addresses, and didn't even get the email for email verification. Anybody got any info on possible problems at the moment?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:45:48 PM EDT
You were rejected.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:39:06 AM EDT
Ok, would there be a particular reason. Or anything else I could try.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:42:00 AM EDT
There has been delays in people getting confirmation e-mails. Be patient, it's worth it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:46:19 AM EDT
I agree, I recently picked up a W. German P226 this weekend, and was browsing the forum. That's definitely the place I need to be, I was just curious why it was taking so long, as getting onto other forums is usually pretty quick.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:56:22 AM EDT
Dont know what to tell you, I was confirmed the same day back in March, but for some reason after that, things got a hell of a lot slower.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:35:50 AM EDT
Same here. Registered Sat and got the confirmation email but tried to log in..............nogo. Says I have not yet been approved.

Takes more time than a security clearance from NSA.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:43:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By scottrh2:

Takes more time than a security clearance from NSA.

Took me about 1/9th the time it took to get my NY Pistol Permit...AKA a month to be able to log in.

Be patient and lurk...some guys are smart enough to put an Email in their ads. I had a couple deals done before I could even log in.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:58:30 PM EDT
They will not accept any free email address suffixes in common use
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:40:15 PM EDT
Yeah, I noticed that. When I tried my gmail account, it said that has been banned. I tried my alumni account (which uses hotmail, but doesn't have hotmail in the address) and that got sent an email for confirmation, but I still haven't been approved. So then I tried my school email (which I don't like to do, I like to keep that school-related) and another secure email that I have, and neither one of them even got an email confirmation sent to them. THIS IS CRAZINESS I TELL YOU.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:17:27 PM EDT
Sit back and relax man.

They don't get in a hurry over there. As was stated earlier, be patient. It could take awhile.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:22:01 PM EDT
I was never allowed in, as long as you are not a ginger you should be alright otherwise you will be like me banned
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:37:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/21/2010 7:39:19 PM EDT by cguedr]
Originally Posted By coldair:
I was never allowed in, as long as you are not a ginger you should be alright otherwise you will be like me banned

So were you never allowed in, or were you banned?

And I was just wondering if this was something new, or a unique situation, or if this was just the norm, that's why I brought it up. Looks like it's the Norm:
http://www.cheers-becker.de/c_norm_03.JPG
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:04:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/21/2010 8:04:35 PM EDT by SIG-shooter]
Id love to get in there, but never can

I mean seriously, for f*cks sake Im SIG-shooter...It just goes!
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:22:14 PM EDT
IIRC between the time I had registered and had been approved over there I had already seen my question asked and answered here. It took weeks and I never went back after I had gotten approval. I might at some point maybe if I get into Sigs again.
Link Posted: 7/29/2010 6:11:01 PM EDT
Still can not log into the Sig site.

2 emails to the admin contact......no reply.....

If I did not like the pistols I would say "screw" the site. WTF, am I going to need to submit references and a credit report to be approved to post?
Link Posted: 7/30/2010 5:44:26 PM EDT
Same here man, although I have no idea how to get in touch with any administrators or anything. But as far as attempting to log in, it's been a big no-go. Of course, I haven't been trying to much.
Link Posted: 7/31/2010 4:53:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cguedr:
Signed up on Saturday, still haven't been approved. Tried 2 other names with 2 other email addresses, and didn't even get the email for email verification. Anybody got any info on possible problems at the moment?

I signed up on 7/19 and still get the same message –– Awaiting Approval: we have not yet approved your membership.

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 4:02:13 PM EDT
doesn't sound like a good way to run a forum

maybe there should be more sig talk here instead
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 5:32:08 PM EDT
I signed up on June 7 and it took about 4 weeks before I got approval. And, I had tried some other email accounts just as you did. Then, all of a sudden 3 email accounts came back approved, so I just picked...one and stuck with it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 5:35:31 AM EDT
Still waiting...........it would appear that to be able to log in must be some type of honor.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 5:53:31 AM EDT
Ive been waiting for about a month.

Just got a western germany Sig P226 and have some Q's :(
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:39:42 AM EDT
Originally Posted By scottrh2:
Still waiting...........it would appear that to be able to log in must be some type of honor.

I am also still waiting.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 2:57:43 PM EDT
Pfft, I gave up on the Sig site

I have tried to register several times, every time it's a no go. I even got everything to go through clean and never received a confirmation e-mail.

Awesome firearms, shit ass web site!
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 2:50:28 PM EDT
It took about 2 months for my membership to go through. I signed up about 3 months ago.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:12:49 AM EDT
I just recently picked up a few sigs (first ones ever) and I searched for a sig forum and came up with theirs. I tried to sign up but they said the email address I tried signing up with is permanently banned. WTF? So I tried signing up with 2 other emails and both said the same thing. Something is fishy there. I've never signed up one, little lone 3 times. I've never been banned from any website I've joined, ever. So I don't know what the deal is.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:43:54 PM EDT
they can take there forum and...
I ain't begging them fr nothing <COC>
Top Top