Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2010 7:13:06 PM EDT
Signed up on Saturday, still haven't been approved.  Tried 2 other names with 2 other email addresses, and didn't even get the email for email verification.  Anybody got any info on possible problems at the moment?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#1]
You were rejected.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:39:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok, would there be a particular reason.  Or anything else I could try.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:42:00 AM EDT
[#3]
There has been delays in people getting confirmation e-mails.  Be patient, it's worth it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree, I recently picked up a W. German P226 this weekend, and was browsing the forum.  That's definitely the place I need to be, I was just curious why it was taking so long, as getting onto other forums is usually pretty quick.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:56:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Dont know what to tell you, I was confirmed the same day back in March, but for some reason after that, things got a hell of a lot slower.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:35:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Same here.  Registered Sat and got the confirmation email but tried to log in..............nogo.  Says I have not yet been approved.

Takes more time than a security clearance from NSA.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Takes more time than a security clearance from NSA.

Took me about 1/9th the time it took to get my NY Pistol Permit...AKA a month to be able to log in.

Be patient and lurk...some guys are smart enough to put an Email in their ads.  I had a couple deals done before I could even log in.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#8]
They will not accept any free email address suffixes in common use
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I noticed that.  When I tried my gmail account, it said that has been banned.  I tried my alumni account (which uses hotmail, but doesn't have hotmail in the address) and that got sent an email for confirmation, but I still haven't been approved.  So then I tried my school email (which I don't like to do, I like to keep that school-related) and another secure email that I have, and neither one of them even got an email confirmation sent to them.  THIS IS CRAZINESS I TELL YOU.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Sit back and relax man.

They don't get in a hurry over there. As was stated earlier, be patient. It could take awhile.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I was never allowed in, as long as you are not a ginger you should be alright otherwise you will be like me banned
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was never allowed in, as long as you are not a ginger you should be alright otherwise you will be like me banned

So were you never allowed in, or were you banned?

And I was just wondering if this was something new, or a unique situation, or if this was just the norm, that's why I brought it up.  Looks like it's the Norm:
http://www.cheers-becker.de/c_norm_03.JPG
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Id love to get in there, but never can

I mean seriously, for f*cks sake Im SIG-shooter...It just goes!
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:22:14 PM EDT
[#14]
IIRC between the time I had registered and had been approved over there I had already seen my question asked and answered here.  It took weeks and I never went back after I had gotten approval.  I might at some point maybe if I get into Sigs again.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2010 6:11:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Still can not log into the Sig site.

2 emails to the admin contact......no reply.....

If I did not like the pistols I would say "screw" the site.  WTF, am I going to need to submit references and a credit report to be approved to post?
Link Posted: 7/30/2010 5:44:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Same here man, although I have no idea how to get in touch with any administrators or anything.  But as far as attempting to log in, it's been a big no-go.  Of course, I haven't been trying to much.
Link Posted: 7/31/2010 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Signed up on Saturday, still haven't been approved.  Tried 2 other names with 2 other email addresses, and didn't even get the email for email verification.  Anybody got any info on possible problems at the moment?

I signed up on 7/19 and still get the same message –– Awaiting Approval: we have not yet approved your membership.

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 4:02:13 PM EDT
[#18]
doesn't sound like a good way to run a forum

maybe there should be more sig talk here instead
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 5:32:08 PM EDT
[#19]
I signed up on June 7 and it took about 4 weeks before I got approval.  And, I had tried some other email accounts just as you did.  Then, all of a sudden 3 email accounts came back approved, so I just picked...one and stuck with it.

Link Posted: 8/9/2010 5:35:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Still waiting...........it would appear that to be able to log in must be some type of honor.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 5:53:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Ive been waiting for about a month.

Just got a western germany Sig P226 and have some Q's :(
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:39:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Still waiting...........it would appear that to be able to log in must be some type of honor.

I am also still waiting.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Pfft, I gave up on the Sig site

I have tried to register several times, every time it's a no go.  I even got everything to go through clean and never received a confirmation e-mail.

Awesome firearms, shit ass web site!
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 2:50:28 PM EDT
[#24]
It took about 2 months for my membership to go through. I signed up about 3 months ago.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:12:49 AM EDT
[#25]
I just recently picked up a few sigs (first ones ever) and I searched for a sig forum and came up with theirs. I tried to sign up but they said the email address I tried signing up with is permanently banned. WTF? So I tried signing up with 2 other emails and both said the same thing. Something is fishy there. I've never signed up one, little lone 3 times. I've never been banned from any website I've joined, ever. So I don't know what the deal is.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#26]
they can take there forum and...

I ain't begging them fr nothing <COC>
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top