BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 12:17:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They started at 17, maybe because of prototypes before it? Or maybe just for namesake of having a 17rd capacity (which was HUGE at the time). I'm not entirely sure, but since then they have been pretty consistent. It is what it is
View Quote
I'm pretty sure the earlier than 17 Gaston designs/patents weren't firearms. I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 12:32:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I think having a .22 that is close to the same size and weight and operates the same as your carry gun is a good thing. That is why I have a M&P 22 Compact. I can go to the range and shoot a couple hundred rounds of 9, then shoot another 500 or so of 22. Gives me a lot of trigger time without spending $150 in ammo every range trip.

I do agree that 10 round mags suck. I also think a std. threaded barrel should be included. I also have to say that this was a meh announcement for me, but really not surprising from Glock.

I will probably buy one and hope that Shield Arms makes 20 round mags someday.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 8:55:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah, I think I'll keep my Mark IV Ruger. WOW Glock! You actually made a gun NO ONE WANTED! Just when you think the Horowitz report was the biggest "nothingburger" of the week, Glock says: "Hold my beer and watch this!"
View Quote
Speak for yourself. Tons of people have been wanting one. I’ve been wanting one for 5 years now. Super excited. Great training tool to compliment my duty glocks and my competition glocks. I was hoping for this. Again, I’ll buy two.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Man, I am ALL over this! I've been wanting a factory GLOCK .22 for a long time. They've already got the threaded barrel listed, and those mags look almost exactly like 15 round Beretta .22 conversion kit mags so I have no doubt the GLOCK ones will be available shortly.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So the model name  is “44,” but it’s actually a .22

Good job Glock.
View Quote
Sure, because Glock always designates their model numbers according to cartridge.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 9:24:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
G19 size

10 round magazine

No threaded barrel

Yeah that’s an easy NOPE for me.
View Quote
This configuration will ensure world wide sales without modifications

I’m sure the missing features will come later on if the market will show enough interest on the project.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure the earlier than 17 Gaston designs/patents weren't firearms. I could be wrong.
View Quote
@KTM300XCW

No, you're not wrong.

There were no guns by Glock previous the P80/G17.

In fact, in this thread some mentioned that the G44 came after
G45 etc. Not correct. G44 may have been released afterward,
but Glock pistol models are in order of their patent number.
Always have been.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#8]
It was definitely over hyped. I think if it had a normal release without all the anticipation built up, people wouldn't be so upset. 

I will probably pick one up, for someone who doesn't have a conversation kit already it makes sense. 
I have been wanting a conversation slide for a while now, and being the price of the slide and the g44 so close. Why wouldn't you want to get a whole pistol vs just the slide? 
The conversation kits only come with 1 magazine, the g44 comes with 2. 
The conversation kits are also 10 rounds, and can be picky with ammo.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah, I think I'll keep my Mark IV Ruger. WOW Glock! You actually made a gun NO ONE WANTED! Just when you think the Horowitz report was the biggest "nothingburger" of the week, Glock says: "Hold my beer and watch this!"
View Quote
They made a gun a lot of people want.   It's a Glock in 22LR the same size as the Glock 19.   It will work in the same holsters and feel the same in the hand.    Too many people here hate what they didn't want.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Good job Glock.
View Quote
Read more, post less.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They made a gun a lot of people want.   It's a Glock in 22LR the same size as the Glock 19.   It will work in the same holsters and feel the same in the hand.    Too many people here hate what they didn't want.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My thoughts exactly. I don't know why so many people are upset about this.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I contacted Jagerwerks this morning to see if they have looked into milling these for an RMR.
We'll see what they say. I hope there is enough real-estate on the slide to do so. I think the slide is a combo polymer and steel so it may be a no go.
I'll buy one and if possible set it up just like my G19 with an RMR and SF X300u-A.
Either way it will be a great training aid for those of us carrying G19's.

Link Posted: 12/11/2019 11:36:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I will definitely buy one.  I have a S&W M&P .22 only because Glock didn't offer a rimfire.

I'll probably wait to see if they offer it with the threaded barrel.  Street price of $359 is OK but add $150 for the threaded barrel and it's a no go.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 12:54:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I contacted Jagerwerks this morning to see if they have looked into milling these for an RMR.
We'll see what they say. I hope there is enough real-estate on the slide to do so. I think the slide is a combo polymer and steel so it may be a no go.
I'll buy one and if possible set it up just like my G19 with an RMR and SF X300u-A.

https://www.gunsweek.com/sites/default/files/styles/content/public/archive/contents/pistols/news/glock-g44-22-long-rifle-pistol/Glock-44-22Lr-03.jpg?itok=jXzSFsB3
View Quote
If the slide’s mixed materials construction makes milling a “no go” the alternative to explore might be a dovetail mounted plate and sight such as those from Dueck Defense.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I will definitely buy one.  I have a S&W M&P .22 only because Glock didn't offer a rimfire.

I'll probably wait to see if they offer it with the threaded barrel.  Street price of $359 is OK but add $150 for the threaded barrel and it's a no go.
View Quote
I'd like one.  I'm just not sure it's worth it w/ the barrel price.  $399 w/ a threaded barrel would work though.  Not > $500.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Yawn

Back to watching Desperate House Wives.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, not really IMO. I use to think that too and had a dedicated Glock/AA upper for that purpose but I found the reduced weight and almost nonexistent recoil allows you to get sloppy with your grip/hold and you won't even realize it until you go back to the 9mm which will now feel like a hand cannon.

IMO, a better alternative is this... Glock (Umarex) 17 Gen4 CO2 Blowback .177 BB Gun

This an official Glock licenced product and is just as close to "real" as the G44 is but this one only costs $120 and can be used at home, anytime you want and the money saved can buy a case of 9mm

Here is a full review... Umarex Glock 17 Gen4 Part 1
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No, not really IMO. I use to think that too and had a dedicated Glock/AA upper for that purpose but I found the reduced weight and almost nonexistent recoil allows you to get sloppy with your grip/hold and you won't even realize it until you go back to the 9mm which will now feel like a hand cannon.

IMO, a better alternative is this... Glock (Umarex) 17 Gen4 CO2 Blowback .177 BB Gun

This an official Glock licenced product and is just as close to "real" as the G44 is but this one only costs $120 and can be used at home, anytime you want and the money saved can buy a case of 9mm

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for sharing info on the C02 pistols.

Are you saying the CO2 version of the G19 weighs the same and recoils the same as the regular G19? If so, that would be a plus for the C02.

As I said in my post, I shoot both the 9mm and the .22 at the same outing and haven't noticed any change in grip and have never perceived the 9mm as a "hand cannon".

The extra $$ over the C02 model for the G44 is not an issue for me.

I have already been doing this technique with the M&P 22 compact and it has allowed me to shoot more and get better than if I was only shooting a reduced number of 9mm rounds. I know it works for me. Having a gun with identical controls as my carry gun can only make it better.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I think the G44 is a good addition to the product catalog, and a welcomed one at that.

With that said, it was way over hyped for what it is.  Nothing about a G19 in .22LR is "Legendary".

I would have liked to have seen a civilian release of the G46 the Saxony-Anhalt Landespolizei recently adopted.

German State Police Adopt NEW Glock 46
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 2:34:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
And the reason I never bought a S&W .22 is a carry a G19...
So now I don't have to purchase a $300 AA kit that might run ammo I don't care for... vs. a dedicated Glock 44 that runs with Glock reliability....

You could replace G44 with G42 and just cut and paste the post's from that thread...

All you haters, go buy a Taurus TX 22 it has everything you want.....
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 2:34:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've found it works well, but I don't shoot just 22.  I'll shoot 22 to start, and end on 9mm (or 10mm) every time.    Part of practice is focusing on doing things right.   My budget is limited and shooting part of my ammo 22 lets me shoot a lot more.  500 rnds of 22 and 50 rounds of 9mm is a lot more trigger time.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I think the G44 is a good addition to the product catalog, and a welcomed one at that.

With that said, it was way over hyped for what it is.  Nothing about a G19 in .22LR is "Legendary".

I would have liked to have seen a civilian release of the G46 the Saxony-Anhalt Landespolizei recently adopted.

German State Police Adopt NEW Glock 46
View Quote
Why? I don't see that many benefits, but you may.

Difference from  G19 is:
7.9 lb trigger pull - No Thanks
Rotating barrel locking method rather than the standard Browning-style tilting barrel system. - The tilt barrel systems are plenty strong, reliable and accurate. Are there other benefits?
It can be disassembled without pulling the trigger - No benefit for me
More prominent beavertail frame - This might be nice, but how many people have issues with slide bight?
frame mounted decocker/safety - Of no use to me.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Are you saying the CO2 version of the G19 weighs the same and recoils the same as the regular G19? If so, that would be a plus for the C02.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Read the review. Its very detailed and goes over weights. The short answer is neither the CO2 nor G44 is going to weigh as much as a fully loaded G19. Neither is going to have the same recoil either. That's why the both come up short IMO.

Quoted:
As I said in my post, I shoot both the 9mm and the .22 at the same outing and haven't noticed any change in grip and have never perceived the 9mm as a "hand cannon".
Everybody is different but in my own personal experience, I didn't find the .22LR version to be a good overall substitute to training with the real thing. It can be used effectively for some types of drills (to help offset costs) but so could the CO2 version which costs a lot less and has the added bonus of being able to used in the comfort of your own home, day or night, 7 days a week, all without ear pro.

Quoted:
The extra $$ over the C02 model for the G44 is not an issue for me.
I only mentioned cost because that's the reason most people give for practicing with a .22LR over a 9mm or other SD round.

Me personally, the extra $ it cost to practice with 9mm over using .22lr is not an issue. That and I don't really get spending ~$400 on a gun to save ~$.10/rd? I know in the mid-to-long term it will save you money but I'd rather just train with the real thing and save the .22 for plinking.

To each their own. YMMV?
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Difference from  G19 is:
Rotating barrel locking method rather than the standard Browning-style tilting barrel system. - The tilt barrel systems are plenty strong, reliable and accurate. Are there other benefits?
More prominent beavertail frame - This might be nice, but how many people have issues with slide bight?
View Quote
The 7.9lb trigger was specifically to meet German Police contract requirements (=35 Newtons).  A commercial release would not need to meet these requirements and could be released with a more conventional lighter trigger.

Rotating barrel handguns are known to have a lighter recoil impulse than browning style actions, due to some of the energy being dissipated radially rather than straight back towards the shooter.  The slide to barrel fit can also be tighter, since the hole cut in the slide does not have to allow the barrel to tilt during operation.

The frame mounted safety was [again] a contract acquirement, and could be omitted from a commercial release.  This has already been done with the Army trials Glock (19MHS) commercial release, which is now known as the G19X.

So delete the safety, change the trigger pull to 5.5lbs, and I believe it would be a great commercial success.

Is there anything wrong with the G19 as is? No.  But i'm open to innovation, and would love to have one if for no other reason than its something different.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 3:43:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Difference from  G19 is:
View Quote
The trigger weight is specified by the German state.  They have versions with lighter triggers.

The rotating barrel is more durable due to symmetrical locking and it sits lower so it shoots “flatter”.

Agencies prefer a gun that does not need the trigger pulled so it is a tangible benefit for those customers.

There is no frame mounted safety or decocker. That is a disassembly lever.

I think people are excited because for Glock to have gone through that much trouble there must be a real benefit. I will buy one when available.

When Glock does nothing half the people are made because they are stagnant despite no one have near as developed of a product line.  When they do some thing different the other half of people ask why did they change something.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The frame mounted safety was [again] a contract acquirement, and could be omitted from a commercial release.  This has already been done with the Army trials Glock (19MHS) commercial release, which is now known as the G19X.

So delete the safety, change the trigger pull to 5.5lbs, and I believe it would be a great commercial success.

Is there anything wrong with the G19 as is? No.  But i'm open to innovation, and would love to have one if for no other reason than its something different.  YMMV.
View Quote
That is not a safety. It is a disassembly lever. It along with the one on the striker assembly allow the gun to come apart without the trigger being pulled.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That is not a safety. It is a disassembly lever. It along with the one on the striker assembly allow the gun to come apart without the trigger being pulled.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Cool.  I also assumed from placement that it was a manual safety.

Quoted:

I think people are excited because for Glock to have gone through that much trouble there must be a real benefit. I will buy one when available.

When Glock does nothing half the people are made because they are stagnant despite no one have near as developed of a product line.  When they do some thing different the other half of people ask why did they change something.
Agreed
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#28]
If Glock would have released this circa 2006 then I would see the hype.
Its fine shooter probably but they waited 13 years too long for this to make any sense.
Glock needs to release a PCC not random pistol configurations or 22lr pistol.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Sure, because Glock always designates their model numbers according to cartridge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good job Glock.
You don't have a Glock 9?
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Someone else mentioned the rear sight dovetail mounted micro red dot. I'm thinking the extra weight might mess with the slide operation. I haven't looked but have people mounted micro red dots on the M&P22?

I don't own a 22LR handgun. I've been telling myself to get one for cheap plinking, and it would help with teaching basic firearms safety classes.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 8:39:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If the slide’s mixed materials construction makes milling a “no go” the alternative to explore might be a dovetail mounted plate and sight such as those from Dueck Defense.
View Quote
I think a bigger problem is that adding a couple ounces worth of optic onto the slide will give it too much mass to cycle properly.  That's the whole reason that the slide is mostly made of polymer in the first place.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Has anyone heard an MSRP yet?
View Quote
$369 Preorder
ships in Jan.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#33]
I see the idea.

The Advantage Arms kits use a solid aluminum steel insert slide which needs a relatively weak spring to blowback operate due to weight, but does not strongly close and hold the slide closed.

This M44 with a plastic slide and a few metal bits is lighter and can use a stronger spring to close and hold it closed against the striker spring trying to open it.  Might actually work.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#34]
I would be interested in one if they do come out with 15 round mags.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'd like one.  I'm just not sure it's worth it w/ the barrel price.  $399 w/ a threaded barrel would work though.  Not > $500.
View Quote
Check out Taurus TX-22. Don't have one but they look worthy
especially at their MSRP. They come w/threaded barrel
and are larger capacity I believe.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 10:14:59 PM EDT
[#36]
I will buy 2.

That will be a great addition to my handgun collection.

I am confident they will offer higher cap mags.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 11:02:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Tx-22 sleeper Best Buy of the year. 20 round mag with a simple mod, threaded barrel, trigger will surprise you how good.
Found mine for $205 shipped - zero malfunctions is 500 rounds of multiple brands.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 12:39:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I think a bigger problem is that adding a couple ounces worth of optic onto the slide will give it too much mass to cycle properly.  That's the whole reason that the slide is mostly made of polymer in the first place.
View Quote
Yep.  Any red dot is going to need to be mounted to the frame.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 1:14:51 AM EDT
[#39]
I love shooting 22 and I like glock. Ill get one for sure. No rush though.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 1:16:29 AM EDT
[#40]
As of today, I don’t really know that to think about this .22 pistol.

It doesn’t have that “wow” factor, as of today.

I think that my Ruger Mark lls, Mark lV and SR22s are simple superior rimfire pistols.  I’m sure that these Glocks will sell well, but the Ruger pistols are simply better... IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 2:03:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
I hope you don’t own an AR15, a AK47, an MP5, etc
Your mind may explode..

Link Posted: 12/12/2019 7:47:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
As of today, I don’t really know that to think about this .22 pistol.

It doesn’t have that “wow” factor, as of today.

I think that my Ruger Mark lls, Mark lV and SR22s are simple superior rimfire pistols.  I’m sure that these Glocks will sell well, but the Ruger pistols are simply better... IMHO.
View Quote
People are missing the point of these lol.

G44 is a training tool. For example, on duty I carry a G17.4. I don’t shoot my 1911’s often or put tons of ammo through them because the grip angle and manual of arms is different.

If I did nothing but shoot 1911’s all day, and had to unfortunately be put in a situation where I had to use my duty gun, I’d want to be as well trained to the draw, grip angle, manual of arms, and sight picture of glock as I possibly could be. In those situations you resort to your training. Well, if all I’ve shot in the last month is 1,500 rds of 1911 / .45 acp, I’ll most likely have a screwed up draw and presentation. For me, all my other guns are fun range guns. Glocks are carry, competition, duty guns.

Now I can have a .22lr that mimics a G19 that I can practice with and not break the bank with ammo and have a different “flavor” of something to shoot.

Ive been wanting a .22 pistol for awhile now that my suppressor is in. I almost picked up a ruger mk4 but really don’t care for getting tons of pistols that are so odd compared to glock.

Is the G44 better than a ruger mk4? I mean none of us have shot one so idk how you can “feel” like it is. It has a different purpose. A ruger mk4 is NOT a trainer. It is NOT a duty gun. It’s a plinking / small game / competition gun. That’s it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

People are missing the point of these lol.

G44 is a training tool. For example, on duty I carry a G17.4. I don’t shoot my 1911’s often or put tons of ammo through them because the grip angle and manual of arms is different.

If I did nothing but shoot 1911’s all day, and had to unfortunately be put in a situation where I had to use my duty gun, I’d want to be as well trained to the draw, grip angle, manual of arms, and sight picture of glock as I possibly could be. In those situations you resort to your training. Well, if all I’ve shot in the last month is 1,500 rds of 1911 / .45 acp, I’ll most likely have a screwed up draw and presentation. For me, all my other guns are fun range guns. Glocks are carry, competition, duty guns.

Now I can have a .22lr that mimics a G19 that I can practice with and not break the bank with ammo and have a different “flavor” of something to shoot.

Ive been wanting a .22 pistol for awhile now that my suppressor is in. I almost picked up a ruger mk4 but really don’t care for getting tons of pistols that are so odd compared to glock.

Is the G44 better than a ruger mk4? I mean none of us have shot one so idk how you can “feel” like it is. It has a different purpose. A ruger mk4 is NOT a trainer. It is NOT a duty gun. It’s a plinking / small game / competition gun. That’s it.
View Quote
100% correct.

Its why I have had AA .22 kits for as long as they have been made.  And why I did dedicated frames for each, except the 21 Kit.  The AA kits have been useful, but troublesome, and rarely ever completely dependable.  If the Glock 44 works, I will be happy to buy one.  I have .22s by Ruger, Smith, Colt/Walther, and Beretta that run 100%.  Better than AA would be welcome.  I am tired of explaining why the AA kits don’t work all the time, but the centerfire Glock will.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 2:12:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
If that problem arises, aftermarket recoil springs in different weights might help?
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Jagerwerks confirmed they are looking at the 44 but that the combo polymer/steel slide may not be a good candidate for milling. I am paraphrasing so don't hold me to this.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Why not just up the price $40-50 and make the threaded barrel standard?
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 3:41:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This configuration will ensure world wide sales without modifications

I’m sure the missing features will come later on if the market will show enough interest on the project.
View Quote
Maybe after ZEV, Lone Wolf, KKM, and Brownells make parts for it that people actually want.  There probably won't be very many Glock parts left.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because 99% of people who would buy a G44 don't own suppressors.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#49]
I want one. I love my Ruger MK4, the controls and grip angle aren't the same so true practice isn't achieved.
I'll get the threaded barrel for sometimes suppressed.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably true but on that same note.... 99% of the people who will buy the G44 don't do much (if any) actually training either but yet we keep hearing about how great of training pistol this will be
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top