Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Suppressor barrel should be a $30-$35 upgrade.  I understand trying to fill the initial orders first, but it should be an option in the future.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 7:15:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Does this thing have a tilting barrel? Hopefully it will run fine with a suppressor.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 3:59:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Should have had 15rd mags at release.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Should have had 15rd mags at release.
View Quote
They don’t release for over a month from now. A lot can change between now and than.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Already listed my ruger for sale so I can buy the glock 44
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
No silencer eh?
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No silencer eh?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No silencer eh?
I'll get a threaded barrel, thanks for checking!
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

People are missing the point of these lol.

G44 is a training tool. For example, on duty I carry a G17.4. I don’t shoot my 1911’s often or put tons of ammo through them because the grip angle and manual of arms is different.

If I did nothing but shoot 1911’s all day, and had to unfortunately be put in a situation where I had to use my duty gun, I’d want to be as well trained to the draw, grip angle, manual of arms, and sight picture of glock as I possibly could be. In those situations you resort to your training. Well, if all I’ve shot in the last month is 1,500 rds of 1911 / .45 acp, I’ll most likely have a screwed up draw and presentation. For me, all my other guns are fun range guns. Glocks are carry, competition, duty guns.

Now I can have a .22lr that mimics a G19 that I can practice with and not break the bank with ammo and have a different “flavor” of something to shoot.

Ive been wanting a .22 pistol for awhile now that my suppressor is in. I almost picked up a ruger mk4 but really don’t care for getting tons of pistols that are so odd compared to glock.

Is the G44 better than a ruger mk4? I mean none of us have shot one so idk how you can “feel” like it is. It has a different purpose. A ruger mk4 is NOT a trainer. It is NOT a duty gun. It’s a plinking / small game / competition gun. That’s it.
View Quote
The weight, recoil impulse, etc of a .22 caliber pistol like this is so foreign to that of any centerfire service caliber as to make it's value as a training aid dubious at best, IMO.  I'll continue to train with 9mm ammo.  I'd like to buy a 44 in the future, provided higher cap mags and a threaded barrel are available at reasonable costs.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The weight, recoil impulse, etc of a .22 caliber pistol like this is so foreign to that of any centerfire service caliber as to make it's value as a training aid dubious at best, IMO.  I'll continue to train with 9mm ammo.  I'd like to buy a 44 in the future, provided higher cap mags and a threaded barrel are available at reasonable costs.
View Quote
Somewhat. The trigger pull, size, and draw from the holster is going to be the same.

I shoot aboit 10,000 9mm a year (not a lot to some people) but being able to supplement that with another way is gonna be awesome. Or people who can’t afford that much 9mm.

Shooting 2,500 .22lr out of a gun that is exactly like your carry gun is better than shooting 300 rds every 6 months through it. At least grip angle, sight picture, trgger pull, manual of arms etc. is the same.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 9:58:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
The lack of recoil impulse exactly why all experts agree that dry fire practice is worthless!

Link Posted: 12/14/2019 11:30:07 AM EDT
[#11]
When I was working full time in LE we adopted AR-15’s.  I had been a pistol and shotgun shooter and very little tactical rifle.  I used a AR-15 dedicated to 22 LR set up just like my duty rifle.  I also had an Advantage Arms 22 conversion for my Glock.   I’d shoot a minimum four or five 550 round Federal bulk packs a month through my AR-22 and AA kit.   It helped my shooting ability a bunch and even though I was older I could still shoot as well as guys a lot younger.

I still shot some centerfire but I shot a lot of rimfire.   I noticed the most improvement in shooting rifles and it really helped my confidence in making off hand precision rifle shots.   I shot a lot of steel plates out to 130 yards with pistol and rifle.  Ultimately I think the extra trigger time is beneficial.  I could have never had the time or money (reloading) to shoot that much centerfire ammo.  A side benefit for me was the shooting was a stress reliever for me.

Everyone is unique but shooting 22’s worked for me and was very enjoyable.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 12:03:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Most of you are right, the Glock 44 debut was far overplayed for what it is. The commercial alone is odd, lots of nature mixed with minor urban models, and mostly women shooting it. I get it though, appealing to the mass market. On the flip side it probably is the most unique designed pistol released since the Glock 17, disregard whether or not it was released years too late or not. There otherwise hasn't really been innovation but more so sequences of models.

Having said that, I've always wanted to put a .22lr in the stable and this fits the bill. I run a G19 Gen5 at the range and it will also likely be my carry gun. I can afford to shoot 9mm in whatever volume I see fit, so that's a moot point. I do like the idea of running a G19 sized .22lr gun for focusing on the training principles at a far cheaper cost. This is a gun I plan to own for...ever? So I will get my return in investment by far and I don't need to modify my equipment to accommodate it. Let alone, my fiance can finally get back to shooting pistols with a caliber which has far more manageable recoil.

So call the above my....opinion...man. That's where people get this all contorted, it's just differences of opinions.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#13]
While not exactly groundbreaking, I'm pretty excited for this pistol. I like Glock, I carry a Glock both on duty and off, so I'll definitely get one for fun.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 11:07:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I am excited by the announcement and will buy this Glock 44 as soon as it debuts.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People are missing the point of these lol.

G44 is a training tool. For example, on duty I carry a G17.4. I don't shoot my 1911's often or put tons of ammo through them because the grip angle and manual of arms is different.

If I did nothing but shoot 1911's all day, and had to unfortunately be put in a situation where I had to use my duty gun, I'd want to be as well trained to the draw, grip angle, manual of arms, and sight picture of glock as I possibly could be. In those situations you resort to your training. Well, if all I've shot in the last month is 1,500 rds of 1911 / .45 acp, I'll most likely have a screwed up draw and presentation. For me, all my other guns are fun range guns. Glocks are carry, competition, duty guns.

Now I can have a .22lr that mimics a G19 that I can practice with and not break the bank with ammo and have a different "flavor" of something to shoot.

Ive been wanting a .22 pistol for awhile now that my suppressor is in. I almost picked up a ruger mk4 but really don't care for getting tons of pistols that are so odd compared to glock.

Is the G44 better than a ruger mk4? I mean none of us have shot one so idk how you can "feel" like it is. It has a different purpose. A ruger mk4 is NOT a trainer. It is NOT a duty gun. It's a plinking / small game / competition gun. That's it.
If that was the case then dry fire would be worthless.  It's trigger time on a gun w/ the same grip angle and similar trigger.  The dimensions are the same.  You can put on exactly the same sights.

It's far from worthless.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 9:55:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Why cant I get a Glock 1 then?
View Quote
You can.  A G17 is a #1.  Glock made 16 prototypes before releasing their first pistol on the market.  That first production model was the G17.  Every model number or generation is numbered sequentially from there.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You can.  A G17 is #1.  Glock made 16 prototypes before releasing their first pistol on the market.  That first production model was the G17.  Every model number starts from there.
View Quote
Glock 1-16 were not pistols or prototypes.  They were his patents for other things including curtain rods, entrenching tools etc.  Glock 17 was his 17th patent.  The pistols were named sequentially after that.  The Glock 23 isn't his 23rd patent just the 6th pistol after the 17.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:07:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's one reason I like the old Colt 1911 .22 ACE. No it's not .45 levels but it does have some recoil.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's one reason I like the old Colt 1911 .22 ACE. No it's not .45 levels but it does have some recoil.
View Quote
And the big part of training is the manipulation. Any chowder head can be taught to align sights and press a trigger and get a favorable outcome on the target.
Manipulation...mag changes...drawing..., things done on a shot timer, is where most folks fall apart.
That's what I liked about my .22 kit on my AR....and what I will like about the G44.

You can get a lot of reps working thru a 525 rd box of Federal .22....

If a person is just shooting pop bottles back behind the barn....then yeah....it might not be for you.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 2:58:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Glock 1-16 were not pistols or prototypes.  They were his patents for other things including curtain rods, entrenching tools etc.  Glock 17 was his 17th patent.  The pistols were named sequentially after that.  The Glock 23 isn't his 23rd patent just the 6th pistol after the 17.
View Quote
Thanks for the clarification ??
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

And the big part of training is the manipulation. Any chowder head can be taught to align sights and press a trigger and get a favorable outcome on the target.
Manipulation...mag changes...drawing..., things done on a shot timer, is where most folks fall apart.
That's what I liked about my .22 kit on my AR....and what I will like about the G44.

You can get a lot of reps working thru a 525 rd box of Federal .22....

If a person is just shooting pop bottles back behind the barn....then yeah....it might not be for you.
View Quote
I concur with all of your responses in this thread. I totally see this G44 as a training aid to be used on honing fundamentals at an uber cheap cost. All of my equipment is set up for a G19 and this purchase will be a no brainier. Already have 1k of CCI Mini-mag 40gr CPRN on order. Any idea where pre order deals for cheap are at?
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Questions for the guru's... just how many rounds of 22 could physically be made to fit and run in a G19 sized mag? I would think if Magpul or one of the other mag makers came out with a 20-25 rounder (what I would guess could fit) would make a great woods plinker. Give me a way to pop on a can and I am in all day everyday.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Questions for the guru's... just how many rounds of 22 could physically be made to fit and run in a G19 sized mag? I would think if Magpul or one of the other mag makers came out with a 20-25 rounder (what I would guess could fit) would make a great woods plinker. Give me a way to pop on a can and I am in all day everyday.
View Quote
The limitation is how .22LR rimmed ammo reliable stacks and feeds. That's why most mags are 10 rounds, that and a lot of matches require 10 round mags.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#24]
SO who is going to figure out how to put a Trijicon RMR on one of these things and make it run reliably first?!

I'd love to have a GLOCK 44 that matches my EDC GLOCK 19 Gen5 FS w/ RMR HRS.

:)

Link Posted: 12/15/2019 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Somebody needs to make a cheap version of an RMR, made out of plastic... something light.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Somebody needs to make a cheap version of an RMR, made out of plastic... something light.
View Quote
They are already pretty light...

The Shield RMR is pretty compact and light but I would rather mount an RMR HRS and tweak springs and run hot .22LR like CCI Mini-Mags.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm sure cheap extended mags and threaded barrels will be along almost instantly. Better late than never, heck I'll buy one just to teach all these new kids that seem extremely intimidated by most any firearm I let them try.

Positive in my book.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They are already pretty light...

The Shield RMR is pretty compact and light but I would rather mount an RMR HRS and tweak springs and run hot .22LR like CCI Mini-Mags.
View Quote
Agree.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 11:14:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Some sort of mount that replaces the rear sight - knock rear sight out slide mount in. Could probably even be made of
Plastic
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 7:56:46 AM EDT
[#30]
For what its worth, Travis Haley sees airsoft as a valuable training tool..
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GoHA-rhGeG4

Airsoft training seems to be working real well for this Japanese kid who had never fired a real gun in his life lol..
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qQDfwyUgtjg

I cant see how a .22 that mimics your edc wouldnt be a valuable training tool.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Exactly.

Anyone know of any online pre-order sources? GT-Distributors keeps coming up but only service a few states, IL is not one of them.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Exactly.

Anyone know of any online pre-order sources? GT-Distributors keeps coming up but only service a few states, IL is not one of them.
View Quote
Glockmeister is doing pre-orders. I'm on their mailing list and got a link last week.

https://www.glockmeister.com/GLOCK-44-2500-Cancellation-Fee/productinfo/G44/
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Glockmeister is doing pre-orders. I'm on their mailing list and got a link last week.

https://www.glockmeister.com/GLOCK-44-2500-Cancellation-Fee/productinfo/G44/
View Quote
I'm assuming under shipping address, FFL is placed there? Or for a pre-order, does it not require that?
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Pre-ordered off Glockmeister, thanks @grondike

The freeship code was especially nice.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 11:54:39 PM EDT
[#35]
According to TFB the USA isn’t getting factory threaded barrels and we will have to buy them separately. That could be a deal breaker for me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 12:12:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
According to TFB the USA isn't getting factory threaded barrels and we will have to buy them separately. That could be a deal breaker for me.
View Quote
At the price it probably is for me.  I've already got a 19 w/ an Advantage Arms kit.    I'd like a 44, but not for that price if I have to buy the threaded barrel separately.   The current kit has the advantage of having higher cap mags available already also.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 12:13:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
According to TFB the USA isn’t getting factory threaded barrels and we will have to buy them separately. That could be a deal breaker for me.
View Quote
You'd trust Glock to price a G44 with threaded barrel cheaper than a G44 with non-threads + separate threaded barrel purchased separately? They would price the two close to the same. They want their money.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 12:17:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
At the price it probably is for me.  I've already got a 19 w/ an Advantage Arms kit.    I'd like a 44, but not for that price if I have to buy the threaded barrel separately.
View Quote
Would a threaded .22lr barrel really cost so much so that it isn't worth it?
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 12:26:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At the price it probably is for me.  I've already got a 19 w/ an Advantage Arms kit.    I'd like a 44, but not for that price if I have to buy the threaded barrel separately.
For me it's enough more to not buy it.    It's a want.  Like a lot of us who want a 22 caliber Glock I've already got a dedicated Advantage Arms conversion.

It's useless to me w/o the threaded barrel and at the price they're quoting w/ the price of a threaded barrel and  the annoyance of them not coming together I'll probably just stick w/ what I've got unless I can get a killer deal on a used one or something.  Then there's the cost of mags and 10 round vs higher cap w/ Advantage Arms.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 12:43:13 AM EDT
[#40]
I will buy one. I'm sure that they will be impossible to find when they first come out.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 5:34:48 AM EDT
[#41]
People should really calm down...
Glock simply announced a new product line.

There will be different models available for sure.

I hope to se a subcompact or slimline version of it. But the g44 as it is got my interest.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the gun is $350-$400 + $100 (or more) for a new barrel then it isn’t worth it to me. Not to mention I’ll probably need some new sights.

I’ll have to get my hands on one and see where prices settle before I can definitively say “I’ll never get one”.

::edit

Attachment Attached File

If this is the price you can count me out.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Here's a more in depth video.

Glock 44: In-Depth Review of Glock's First .22 LR

One thing that he mentioned, that I found interesting, is that it will have a fluted chamber to increase reliability.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Thanks for the clarification ??
View Quote
And if you are curious about prototypes, there were only 3-4 actual prototypes for the P80.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Great video.

Now I need 4 of them....one for each family member:)

For mags....I would take a 20rd single stack mag if that was our only a reliable option above 10 rounders.

From a guy that has had a couple different glock .22 conversions....10rds that works perfect is better then 15 that work most of the time. My opinion.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If the gun is $350-$400 + $100 (or more) for a new barrel then it isn’t worth it to me. Not to mention I’ll probably need some new sights.

I’ll have to get my hands on one and see where prices settle before I can definitively say “I’ll never get one”.

::edit

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/54239/AA30713D-AE67-449E-9AF9-DB3933A3E179_png-1199293.JPG

If this is the price you can count me out.
View Quote
This stuff isn't eve out in the wild yet, though. So I'm sure there's a premium on some of it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Why?  I simply do not see a purpose for this.  I have an advantage arms .22 conversion slide/barrel assembly and it is as reliable as, well, a Glock.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sig Romeo Zero
.4 oz

RMR 06
1.2 oz
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Got mine on Pre Order with GT Distributors.  Since I have one close, it will be in store pickup next month.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 9:27:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Why?  I simply do not see a purpose for this.  I have an advantage arms .22 conversion slide/barrel assembly and it is as reliable as, well, a Glock.
View Quote
Can you shoot any 22 ammo?
Federal Value pack?
Winchester Wildcat?
Everybody says that, but how true is it.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top