Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m not 400lb and don’t want to bend my entire wardrobe around carrying as I live a pretty plant eater life.  Pocket 380 is my go to.

Had ppk/s.  Super cool gun.  By modern standards heavy for what it is.  I had so so reliability, inter arms and SW.  don’t carry them for that reason.

P365- amazing for its size.  Maybe reasonable in the winter but summer too big

I’ve settled on a belt clip SW380 bodyguard.  Belt clip is great, really does disappear.  Went SW as it was the only packet 380 I’ve found with external safety which I wanted given no holster to protect trigger.

From a shooting standpoint the bodyguard is okay.  Huge trigger reset which is a liability under stress.  Other than that it is shootable and so far reliable. Normal pocket 380 downsides but those aren’t unique to the gun.  If pocket anything then probably not enjoyable to shoot.  Pocket guns are comforting, not comfortable.  Always compromises.  I’m not stacking bodies with the little gun, just interrupting an OODA loop to make distance from a situation

My .02

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/8/2023 10:12:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
.380 is about the smallest I feel is worth carrying, so I don't really like to but sometimes it is nice to slip a smaller gun in my pocket.

The Glock 42 is really the first .380 I actually enjoyed shooting, and it is a bit bigger than the LCP and similar, but it's much easier to shoot accurately.  I completed with it and won the division in a few GSSF matches.

I like the mag extension that adds your pinky grip, and a follower will take you up to 9+1.
View Quote

The Glock 42 is a stout little gun. I've shot one before and it feels to me like the stiffer recoil spring soaks up a lot of the felt recoil.

I don't own a .380 ACP, let alone carry one, but if I had to carry a .380 ACP, the Glock 42 would be in the top three of my consideration.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 10:51:21 PM EDT
[#4]
G42 was my summer carry gun for years, along with S&W 340/642 revolvers.  Even though I shot the G42 better I have switched over to an LCP Max as it is reliable and has much larger capacity at a similar size.

The G42 is probably the best concealed carry .380 if you are not wanting 10 or more rounds on tap.  Great carrying and shooting gun.  I might consider it my favorite Glock of all time and I've owned Glocks since 1991.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 4:13:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
G42 was my summer carry gun for years, along with S&W 340/642 revolvers.  Even though I shot the G42 better I have switched over to an LCP Max as it is reliable and has much larger capacity at a similar size.

The G42 is probably the best concealed carry .380 if you are not wanting 10 or more rounds on tap. Great carrying and shooting gun.  I might consider it my favorite Glock of all time and I've owned Glocks since 1991.
View Quote

From my understanding, nobody ever survived a gunfight and said "I wish I had less ammo..."
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 7:22:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
.380 is a marginal self defense cartridge, so I think only carry it when I absolutely can’t carry a bigger gun.

So… my choice for the tiny hideaway gun is the LCP.
For 18 years now it’s my “I don’t have a gun.” gun.
View Quote

I carried a P3AT often until 2008 when I bought the very first LCP my shop got in.  (15 years )
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 11:16:26 PM EDT
[#7]
A Sig P232 is one of my regular carry guns. It's heavy for its caliber, it's low capacity, but I love that gun and shoot it very well. I'm confident in my ability to put those little peas where I want them.

I carried an LCP the last couple summers when wearing light clothing. I don't like the LCP but it serves a purpose... Since I started carrying the P232 with a proper IWB holster within the past year, I'll probably just continue that and not care if someone notices light printing. [EDIT] I did put some wooden grips on the 232 in place of the factory rubber "finger groove" type, which help it disappear better and also look fantastic, which is important!

.380 is the smallest I'm comfortable with. When I can throw a jacket over it, I carry a 10mm.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:53:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

double stack? Hows the trigger? Ive never shot anything that says Beretta on it.
View Quote

Actually, I'm not that fond of the trigger even though I like the pistol. The DA/SA is just different from some of my others.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#9]
LCP fits in my front pocket in a Nemesis holster, barely noticeable. I have walked right by security screeners at NO GUN events with no issues.
Of course if it is only the generic NO GUNS sign and not the state required version.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top