Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/12/2006 4:27:22 PM EDT
I bought a new AK. In sighting it in I found it to shoot 10" to the right. Using my front sight tool, I can't get the sight to move with in it's base. I have used this tool with no problem on my SKS's. I opened the hole up in the tool with a drill to be sure it wasn't restricting it's movement. Won't move. Either way for that matter and I have soaked it in penatrating oil for the past hour. I have applied force to the tools handle with pliers. Still will not move!
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Dave
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:31:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/12/2006 4:31:54 PM EDT by WarDawg]
It is very common. I had one from HELL also. I put it in a vise and used a over sized socket on one side and a small socket ( to push )on the other . Cranked down on the vise and it started to move. They can be a pain in the ass. WarDawg
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:32:05 PM EDT
BFH?

Press?

MAPP?

You need to get more force on target somehow.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:31:13 PM EDT
A little heat might help. I like propane for the "low temp" work, but MAAP works quicker, you just have to be concious of what you are doing.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:45:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/12/2006 8:46:44 PM EDT by Kyarguy]
Soak it in KROIL...It will creep into the sight and loosen it up.
Uhhh...usually an Hour isnt enough to do anything...soak it over night or longer.
KyARGuy
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:02:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:07:25 PM EDT
Thanks guys!
I took two socketsas WarDawg described and my vice along with some heat to get it moving. Once it broke loose it actually cracked! Ha, new rifle. I would have expected this if it were a Vietnam trophy.
Once I got it to move it was still way to hard to move with the sight tool so I removed the post and pushed the round adjustment part completely out. Once I had it out I took a file to it and removed some metal all the way around it. It two trys to do this to get it to the point where I could adjust it with the tool. Before final assembly, I cold blued it with G-96 gun blue creme and coated it with oil. Job done the way it should have been done at the factory.
Again, thanks for the suggestions.

Dave
Top Top