Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/17/2006 7:07:26 PM EDT
I have a SAR-1 that I have threaded the barrel on but need the plunger pin and spring. I have found a couple at K-Var. Any idea which would be the correct one?

www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=303
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:19:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/17/2006 8:22:14 PM EDT by Mak]
I've done a couple.

The plunger www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16436&cat=303&page=1

spring (maybe?)www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16516&cat=319&page=1

Make sure you can get the front sight base crosspin out first. left to right. You might need to use a center punch to get it started and then just a regular punch smaller than the pin. Might soak in penetrating oil overnight if it doesn't want to move.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:28:18 AM EDT
Thanks Mak! I looked all over the sightand could not find the Rom ones!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:54:30 AM EDT
The old website had them all together, don't know why they messed with how it was. I haven't tried it but someone posted once you can use the spring out of an ink pen. I wouldn't think it could provide the right amount of tension on the plunger but you could always try it out. You could probably make a plunger also with a steel rod of the right diameter and a dremel after looking at the picture on K-VAR's website.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:40:33 AM EDT
K-Var has them. I got mine there. You might want to email or call them if you can't find it on there web site. My brother used there search engine to find mine. Well I had a little help from my brother, because I had a hard time finding the right one as well.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:52:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DBAR:
K-Var has them. I got mine there. You might want to email or call them if you can't find it on there web site. My brother used there search engine to find mine. Well I had a little help from my brother, because I had a hard time finding the right one as well.

I already posted them above for him
Top Top