Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 7:07:26 PM EDT
I have a SAR-1 that I have threaded the barrel on but need the plunger pin and spring. I have found a couple at K-Var. Any idea which would be the correct one?

www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=303
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I've done a couple.

The plunger www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16436&cat=303&page=1

spring (maybe?)www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16516&cat=319&page=1

Make sure you can get the front sight base crosspin out first.  left to right.  You might need to use a center punch to get it started and then just a regular punch smaller than the pin.  Might soak in penetrating oil overnight if it doesn't want to move.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:28:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Mak! I looked all over the sightand could not find the Rom ones!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:54:30 AM EDT
[#3]
The old website had them all together, don't know why they messed with how it was.  I haven't tried it but someone posted once you can use the spring out of an ink pen.  I wouldn't think it could provide the right amount of tension on the plunger but you could always try it out.  You could probably make a plunger also with a steel rod of the right diameter and a dremel after looking at the picture on K-VAR's website.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:40:33 AM EDT
[#4]
K-Var has them.  I got mine there.  You might want to email or call them if you can't find it on there web site.  My brother used there search engine to find mine.  Well I had a little help from my brother, because I had a hard time finding the right one as well.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:52:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
K-Var has them.  I got mine there.  You might want to email or call them if you can't find it on there web site.  My brother used there search engine to find mine.  Well I had a little help from my brother, because I had a hard time finding the right one as well.  

I already posted them above for him
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top