Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/7/2003 12:02:25 PM EDT
Hello everyone. I was just wondering if people with more experience with builds than I think I would be better off going with the stamped OOW receiver and having it heat treated, or going with the firingline milled receiver? Is either any better quality? Also, I only see what OOW calls a "7.62" receiver on their site. Does that receiver also work for a 5.45 Ak 74 build? Also, are the bulgarian 74 kits from K-VAR and FAC in new, unfired condition? Thanks for all your suggestions.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 12:07:19 PM EDT
As your Doctor, I would advise you to go directly to the topic tacked above and purchase an SEAK-74. If that doesn't destroy your urge to build then purchase the optional scope and mags.

If you still have this urge-to-build disease on Monday, give me a call during regular bidness hours !!

Link Posted: 11/7/2003 12:28:33 PM EDT
OOW does build a specific AK 74 receiver. Just call them. Get a milled receiver if you desire the 'look' but it will be heavier. Other than cosmetics, I cant see any reason to go with a milled receiver. You can have they OOW heat treated if desired/concerned about this issue.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 1:20:57 PM EDT
What 5subslr5 said.

Save yourself a lot parts hunting and shipping expense and sign up for the Special Edition AK-74. I have been wanting a real good, authentic style AK74 for a year or so and this is the best way to go IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 3:18:24 PM EDT
Top Top