Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2003 12:02:25 PM EDT
Hello everyone.  I was just wondering if people with more experience with builds than I think I would be better off going with the stamped OOW receiver and having it heat treated, or going with the firingline milled receiver?  Is either any better quality?  Also, I only see what OOW calls a "7.62" receiver on their site.  Does that receiver also work for a 5.45 Ak 74 build?  Also, are the bulgarian 74 kits from K-VAR and FAC in new, unfired condition?  Thanks for all your suggestions.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 12:07:19 PM EDT
[#1]
As your Doctor, I would advise you to go directly to the topic tacked above and purchase an SEAK-74.  If that doesn't destroy your urge to build then purchase the optional scope and mags.

If you still have this urge-to-build disease on Monday, give me a call during regular bidness hours !!

Link Posted: 11/7/2003 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#2]
OOW does build a specific  AK 74 receiver.  Just call them.  Get a milled  receiver if you desire the 'look' but it will be heavier.  Other than cosmetics, I cant see any reason to go with a milled receiver.  You can have they OOW heat treated if desired/concerned about this issue.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#3]
What 5subslr5 said.

Save yourself a lot parts hunting and shipping expense and sign up for the Special Edition AK-74.  I have been wanting a real good, authentic style AK74 for a year or so and this is the best way to go IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 3:18:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top