Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/11/2002 11:06:33 AM EDT
whats the best brand AK to get and how much
thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 12:10:35 PM EDT
These are ones I personally have held and shot and own. SAR 1 or SAR 2 .They are cheap.$289- 340 . They normally ain't pretty but can be polished to be very good looking AK's. I turned an ugly duckling into a nice looking rifle for about $15 . Sandpaper, Paint stripper, and Minwax tung oil finish. Next is a Global trades AK. They do very good work and my SSR-85B is the prettiest factory AK Ive seen to date. It cost was $580 . You see the price difference. But the SSR came with a slant brake, beatiful wood, a gas piston thats pinned on and wiggles rather than the welded on ridged type the SAR's have.If ya want to get into it cheap and under $500, you can get a SAR 1 , 4 30rnd mags&mag pouch, and 1000 rnds of ammo. Best of luck to ya War Dawg
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 3:20:08 PM EDT
Thanks man for all the info,maybe I will just stick with the armalite a2 I just got days ago need to save more loot.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:51:14 PM EDT
Tooly, I know AR stands for Armalite, but you have not lived until you have fired the crued AK!!! Simple and reliable unlike the AR.

I do not dislike the AR and currently own (one), I sold the other for more AK's.

Join the Dark side!!

Semper Fi

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:41:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tracker:
Tooly, I know AR stands for Armalite, but you have not lived until you have fired the crued AK!!! Simple and reliable unlike the AR.

I do not dislike the AR and currently own (one), I sold the other for more AK's.

Join the Dark side!!

Semper Fi

I just dont have $$$$ I'll have to get a good one. already on the dark side!!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:57:13 AM EDT
I'm still kickin' my own butt for selling my Milled Poly Tech legend a year or so back. Oh Well.
MM419
Top Top