User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/11/2002 11:06:33 AM EDT
whats the best brand  AK to get and how much
thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 12:10:35 PM EDT
[#1]
These are ones I personally have held and shot and own. SAR 1 or SAR 2 .They are cheap.$289- 340 . They normally ain't pretty but can be polished to be very good looking AK's. I turned an ugly duckling into a nice looking rifle for about $15 . Sandpaper, Paint stripper, and Minwax tung oil finish. Next is a Global trades AK. They do very good work and my SSR-85B is the prettiest factory AK Ive seen to date. It cost was $580 . You see the price difference. But the SSR came with a slant brake, beatiful wood, a gas piston thats pinned on and wiggles rather than the welded on ridged type the SAR's have.If ya want to get into it cheap and under $500, you can get a SAR 1 , 4 30rnd mags&mag pouch, and 1000 rnds of ammo. Best of luck to ya War Dawg
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks man for all the info,maybe I will just stick with the armalite a2 I just got days ago need to save more loot.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Tooly,  I know AR stands for Armalite, but you have not lived until you have fired the crued AK!!!  Simple and reliable unlike the AR.

I do not dislike the AR and currently own (one), I sold the other for more AK's.  

Join the Dark side!!

Semper Fi

Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:41:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Tooly,  I know AR stands for Armalite, but you have not lived until you have fired the crued AK!!!  Simple and reliable unlike the AR.

I do not dislike the AR and currently own (one), I sold the other for more AK's.  

Join the Dark side!!

Semper Fi

I just dont have $$$$ I'll have to get a good one. already on the dark side!!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:57:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm still kickin' my own butt for selling my Milled Poly Tech legend a year or so back. Oh Well.
MM419
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top