Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:51:39 AM EDT
I did a search on this and came up with nothing, so I'll ask:

How good is this stuff? I've read that it's pretty potent. Is it okay to use it in my chrome lined barrels?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:02:37 PM EDT
Best solvent for removing jacket fouling. I use it all the time in my rifles. BUT, I have never used it in my chrome lined BM b/c CLP has been sufficient (for now).
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:31:52 PM EDT
Sweets is one my favorite solvents.Most effective on the copper.
I have used it on my AR's chrome bore without issue.I only do this about once a year or as needed.Chrome bores do not collect alot of copper so its not an issue normally.
Sweets is good stuff.Only thing I hate about it is that sometimes it leaves a white film.Particularly if its allowed to dry.So I recommend running a few patches of isopropyl alcohol through the bore when your finished.This removes any solvent residue and ammonia.Dry patch and oil...your good to go.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:21:42 PM EDT
Sweets is great at removing copper. The stuff will burn your nostrils if you get a whiff so beware!

You're not supposed to leave Sweets in the barrel for extended periods. I've heard reports of etching in non-chromed barrels.

Another good alternative to Sweets that I've discovered is Montana Extreme 50BMG.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:24:17 PM EDT
go FP-10 or break free clp.
both of which work great.

sweets is better for copper but the above work so good i never need sweets.
i sure don't need the stink.
Top Top