Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:51:39 AM EDT
I did a search on this and came up with nothing, so I'll ask:

How good is this stuff? I've read that it's pretty potent. Is it okay to use it in my chrome lined barrels?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Best solvent for removing jacket fouling. I use it all the time in my rifles. BUT, I have never used it in my chrome lined BM b/c CLP has been sufficient (for now).
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweets is one my favorite solvents.Most effective on the copper.
I have used it on my AR's chrome bore without issue.I only do this about once a year or as needed.Chrome bores do not collect alot of copper so its not an issue normally.
Sweets is good stuff.Only thing I hate about it is that sometimes it leaves a white film.Particularly if its allowed to dry.So I recommend running a few patches of isopropyl alcohol through the bore when your finished.This removes any solvent residue and ammonia.Dry patch and oil...your good to go.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:21:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweets is great at removing copper.  The stuff will burn your nostrils if you get a whiff so beware!

You're not supposed to leave Sweets in the barrel for extended periods.  I've heard reports of etching in non-chromed barrels.

Another good alternative to Sweets that I've discovered is Montana Extreme 50BMG.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#4]
go FP-10 or break free clp.
both of which work great.

sweets is better for copper but the above work so good i never need sweets.
i sure don't need the stink.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top