Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/28/2006 10:40:54 AM EDT
Today I went out of my way to get some time on the range. Let me give you some background. I have a pieced together AR varmint that has been 100% reliable and its been a real joy in my collection. This past week I decided to "upgrade" the rifle some and added a Magpul PRS stock, Wolf Extra Power springs and a RRA NM trigger.

Well today was my first trip the range and lets see how it went

MagPul PRS stock- This stock has no effect on function as it just slips over my existing buffer tube. I enjoyed the cheek weld and am happy with this purchase

Wolf Extra Power spring- Not sure why I even put on in this gun. I have another carbine that had trouble stripping the first round in a fully loaded mag so I thought while I am ordering one for that, I might as well get a second for this one. I ended up snipping a few coils off as I was having problems with short stroking. After snipping twice I chucked the thing in the trash and when I got home I installed the original buffer spring. So I don't think short stroking will be an issue on my next range trip

RRA NM trigger- This was the REAL disappointment. I know I need to get used to the two stage thing and thats what I was concentrating on for the first magazine but after about 20-30 rounds. The trigger will now NOT reset about 50% of the time. I either have to take apart the upper and lower and fidget with it or I have to continue pulling the trigger several times before it reset.

Any idea what could be causing this reset problem? I am up to trying anything to get it to function correctly but if there is no fix to were its 99% reliable, its gone. Now since I just bought it last week, if I end up not wanting the product should the vendor do a refund? Should I contact RRA?? I am lost. I can't figure out why its not resetting. While the upper and lower are apart, I can't get it to simulate the problem but while the gun is together its a normal occurrence. Out of 10- 30 rd mags I bet I may have had 1 that I shot problem free. Not good for what used to be a problem free build.

Help me experts, I am sick to my stomach with grief
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:12:59 AM EDT
By the way, I read the thread about the possibility of a blown primer and took the fcg out to check. That wasn't the case so if you can think of anything else I would appreciate it
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:15:33 PM EDT
I am not 100% if I ever got the hammer to "get hung up" without firing it or not. I know I was never able to replicate the problem with the upper and lower apart but I thought I was able to with them assembled and unloaded.

Since I took out the fire control group and reinstalled it, I have been playing with it and have not been able to get it to "hang up" again assembled or disassembled so I guess unless someone gives me something else to check out I will have to take it back to the range and see if it happens again.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:23:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:54:40 AM EDT
Also make sure of your spring installation (not backwards)on FCG,seems a lot of people do this.
I have a RRA 2 stage and love it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:20:45 PM EDT
I went today and put a couple hundred rounds down range and not a single problem. I guess changing back the buffer spring and removing and reinstalling the trigger assembly did the trick Thanks all
Top Top