Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2006 10:40:54 AM EDT
Today I went out of my way to get some time on the range. Let me give you some background. I have a pieced together AR varmint that has been 100% reliable and its been a real joy in my collection. This past week I decided to "upgrade" the rifle some and added a Magpul PRS stock, Wolf Extra Power springs and a RRA NM trigger.

Well today was my first trip the range and lets see how it went

MagPul PRS stock- This stock has no effect on function as it just slips over my existing buffer tube. I enjoyed the cheek weld and am happy with this purchase

Wolf Extra Power spring- Not sure why I even put on in this gun. I have another carbine that had trouble stripping the first round in a fully loaded mag so I thought while I am ordering one for that, I might as well get a second for this one. I ended up snipping a few coils off as I was having problems with short stroking. After snipping twice I chucked the thing in the trash and when I got home I installed the original buffer spring. So I don't think short stroking will be an issue on my next range trip

RRA NM trigger- This was the REAL disappointment. I know I need to get used to the two stage thing and thats what I was concentrating on for the first magazine but after about 20-30 rounds. The trigger will now NOT reset about 50% of the time. I either have to take apart the upper and lower and fidget with it or I have to continue pulling the trigger several times before it reset.

Any idea what could be causing this reset problem? I am up to trying anything to get it to function correctly but if there is no fix to were its 99% reliable, its gone. Now since I just bought it last week, if I end up not wanting the product should the vendor do a refund? Should I contact RRA?? I am lost. I can't figure out why its not resetting. While the upper and lower are apart, I can't get it to simulate the problem but while the gun is together its a normal occurrence. Out of 10- 30 rd mags I bet I may have had 1 that I shot problem free. Not good for what used to be a problem free build.

Help me experts, I am sick to my stomach with grief
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#1]
By the way, I read the thread about the possibility of a blown primer and took the fcg out to check. That wasn't the case so if you can think of anything else I would appreciate it
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:15:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not 100% if I ever got the hammer to "get hung up" without firing it or not. I know I was never able to replicate the problem with the upper and lower apart but I thought I was able to with them assembled and unloaded.

Since I took out the fire control group and reinstalled it, I have been playing with it and have not been able to get it to "hang up" again assembled or disassembled so I guess unless someone gives me something else to check out I will have to take it back to the range and see if it happens again.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:23:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:54:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Also make sure of your spring installation (not backwards)on FCG,seems a lot of people do this.
I have a RRA 2 stage and love it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I went today and put a couple hundred rounds down range and not a single problem. I guess changing back the buffer spring and removing and reinstalling the trigger assembly did the trick Thanks all
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top