Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/22/2006 7:20:36 PM EDT
Ive read alot of post about crooked FSB. Ive tried all the recommended cures. The FSB is canted to the right ( as you look down the sights). I have the rear sight adjusted all the way to the right and it still shoots about 5 inches left at 100 yards.

I tried wacking it with a hammer, Ive taken off the FSB and barrel and tried to twist it in the reciever.

Still to the left Is there anything I can do.

Any help will be appreciated
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:11:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:22:30 PM EDT
what he said. i would just buy another barrel or take it back if you bought it new.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:30:19 AM EDT
Ive got 2 Model1Sales uppers. The one Ive been working on is an M-4 type.

The other one is a 20 inch with picatinny rail FSB, and I just noticed its crooked as hell too, but its crooked the other way.

Thinks for the input guys. no more Model1sales junk for me.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:51:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/24/2006 8:52:44 AM EDT by AtlantaFireman]
Dano523 is right on the mark.

I bought a used barrel, and, unknown to me (or the ad), it did not have the original FSB on it, and it shot WAY to one side. I installed SIX set screws (no bayo lug), and finally got it set on mechanical zero, then used red loctite to hold in place: then, drilled and installed four 3/32" tension pins, just to make sure. I hope to fire it today for a recheck. The paint marks are still in the same place as before; so, I expect that the FSB has not moved on the barrel.

I went through THREE M1S dizzy uppers. ALL shot WAY, WAY, WAY to the right (5" at 25 yards), and that was with full left sight correction. I know your pain with the M1S stuff. However, maybe the company is getting better since its move.

As for the SIX set screws (of three different sizes)...........................well...............I have this tap kit and got carried away. I figured if four was good, SIX would be 50% better.

Edited to add:
And if my fix doesn't fix the problem, I've got a tomato stake.
Top Top