Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/22/2006 7:20:36 PM EDT
Ive read alot of post about crooked FSB.  Ive tried all the recommended cures.  The FSB is canted to the right ( as you look down the sights).  I have the rear sight adjusted all the way to the right and it still shoots about 5 inches left at 100 yards.

I tried wacking it with a hammer, Ive taken off the FSB and barrel and tried to twist it in the reciever.

Still to the left        Is there anything I can do.

Any help will be appreciated
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#2]
what he said. i would just buy another barrel or take it back if you bought it new.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:30:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive got 2 Model1Sales uppers.  The one Ive been working on is an M-4 type.

The other one is  a 20 inch with picatinny rail FSB, and I just noticed its crooked as hell too, but its crooked the other way.

Thinks for the input guys.  no more Model1sales junk for me.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:51:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Dano523 is right on the mark.

I bought a used barrel, and, unknown to me (or the ad), it did not have the original FSB on it, and it shot WAY to one side.  I installed SIX set screws (no bayo lug), and finally got it set on mechanical zero, then used red loctite to hold in place: then, drilled and installed four 3/32" tension pins, just to make sure.  I hope to fire it today for a recheck.  The paint marks are still in the same place as before; so, I expect that the FSB has not moved on the barrel.

I went through THREE M1S dizzy uppers.  ALL shot WAY, WAY, WAY to the right (5" at 25 yards), and that was with full left sight correction.  I know your pain with the M1S stuff.  However, maybe the company is getting better since its move.

As for the SIX set screws (of three different sizes)...........................well...............I have this tap kit and got carried away.  I figured if four was good, SIX would be 50% better.  

Edited to add:
And if my fix doesn't fix the problem, I've got a tomato stake.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top