Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/22/2006 4:10:36 PM EDT
OK, I got the standard FSB off my Bushy HBAR 11.5". I'm gonna have AR15barrels.com proifile to a much lighter shape. Then I'd like to put a low profile gas block on and do a full float forestock. Anyway, since the FSB and barrel are drilled together (at the factory by Bushmaster), how will I get the new low profile gas block to fit the old holes? Sorry for the noob question, any help welcome.

Thanks...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:34:59 PM EDT
I had a smith do mine. He charged me $45, which I thought was cheap because I don't have the tools to do it myself. If you're only going to do one, buying the tooling probably isn't worth it. BSW
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:44:53 PM EDT
You should ask Randall if he can do it for you when does your barrel. Or did you already try that?

Gene
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:44:45 PM EDT
Yes, I could have Randall do that, I was trying to do as much myself as possible. I have a real bad case of BRD, so it could get kinda expensive.

What I might do is take the standard FSB and have some fun with a Dremel while Randall profiles the barrel.

Anyway, I'm staring to think the gas block / barrel / FSB is gunsmith work, and not suitable for the casual wite-collar do-it-yourself'er
Top Top