Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 4:10:36 PM EDT
OK, I got the standard FSB off my Bushy HBAR 11.5".  I'm gonna have AR15barrels.com proifile to a much lighter shape.   Then I'd like to put a low profile gas block on and do a full float forestock.  Anyway, since the FSB and barrel are drilled together (at the factory by Bushmaster), how will I get the new low profile gas block to fit the old holes?  Sorry for the noob question, any help welcome.

Thanks...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a smith do mine. He charged me $45, which I thought was cheap because I don't have the tools to do it myself. If  you're only going to do one, buying the tooling probably isn't worth it.  BSW
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#2]
You should ask Randall if he can do it for you when does your barrel. Or did you already try that?

Gene
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:44:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I could have Randall do that, I was trying to do as much myself as possible.  I have a real bad case of BRD, so it could get kinda expensive.

What I might do is take the standard FSB and have some fun with a Dremel while Randall profiles the barrel.  

Anyway, I'm staring to think the gas block / barrel / FSB is gunsmith work, and not suitable for the casual wite-collar do-it-yourself'er
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top