Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/18/2006 11:14:52 AM EDT
Anybody know a source for GOOD A1 buttstocks? I just ordered two from Crapco, I mean Tapco and they are pretty cheeeezzy. Mattel (or cheap chinese looking) black plastic, no foam filler inside stock, fit with some trouble, wacky screws and the most pathetic buttplate/door I can imagine- a plasticky door with integral latch I wouldn't put on a 99 cent toy. It won't really latch. I love the A1 length though. If I could find a duplicate of a RRA A2 (quality wise) butt in the shorter A1 length it would be perfect. I have seen them on Fulton's site and I would expect Fulton to have the real deal for more money.

Anybody else bought and used A1's from someone besides Tapco? How are they?

Thanks,

Bill D
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:45:38 AM EDT
Sarco maybe ?

rj
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:55:04 AM EDT
Cavalry Arms makes A1 length buttstocks that are more of an A2 style. May want to try them.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:46:32 PM EDT
I picked up a few pre A1 stocks from Moore Militaria. They are the early type without a trapdoor. They were in like new condition, and only $15 ea.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:03:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2006 5:05:16 PM EDT by HP40]

Originally Posted By dkhntr04:
Cavalry Arms makes A1 length buttstocks that are more of an A2 style. May want to try them.

I think he's talking about Cav Arms stock from Tapco. Ther're not advertised as such but some one on here compared one to a known CA and said they were absolutly indentical. I have one on both of my rifles and have had no problems but will probably change out the chincy rubber butt plate for a real one.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:14:15 AM EDT

I think he's talking about Cav Arms stock from Tapco.

That's news to me then. I wonder if they use different butplate than on their MKII's, since my MKII had a nice buttplate.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:22:31 AM EDT
I got mine from Fulton. It's slightly used (small scratches, light rust on the sling swivel, no cracks) but it's the real deal. I too prefer the A1 length. BSW
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:57:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2006 7:01:03 PM EDT by RatSass]
Thanks for the info. This stock may well be a CavArms second, it's fairly scratched up and I read they don't have the foam in the cavity. The buttplate IS horrible. The door has a folded piece of soft plastic to spring load the latch.

I put the buttplate on it from my RRA A2 butt and the sling swivel. I'm fairly happy with it now but it just didn't seem like a real mil-quality A1 buttstock. I will look at Fulton and probably Moore for the real deal.

I will try to post a couple of pics tonight or in the morning. Man, I love the shorter length and it sure looks right on the Flattop Mid-Length 16" gun.

Thanks again.

Bill D
Top Top