Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/18/2006 11:14:52 AM EDT
Anybody know a source for GOOD A1 buttstocks?  I just ordered two from Crapco, I mean Tapco and they are pretty cheeeezzy.  Mattel (or cheap chinese looking) black plastic, no foam filler inside stock, fit with some trouble, wacky screws and the most pathetic buttplate/door I can imagine- a plasticky door with integral latch I wouldn't put on a 99 cent toy.  It won't really latch.  I love the A1 length though.  If I could find a duplicate of a RRA A2 (quality wise) butt in the shorter A1 length it would be perfect.  I have seen them on Fulton's site and I would expect Fulton to have the real deal for more money.

Anybody else bought and used A1's from someone besides Tapco?  How are they?

Thanks,

Bill D
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:45:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Sarco maybe ?

rj
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Cavalry Arms makes A1 length buttstocks that are more of an A2 style. May want to try them.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a few pre A1 stocks from Moore Militaria. They are the early type without a trapdoor. They were in like new condition, and only $15 ea.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:03:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Cavalry Arms makes A1 length buttstocks that are more of an A2 style. May want to try them.

I think he's talking about Cav Arms stock from Tapco. Ther're not advertised as such but some one on here compared one to a known CA and said they were absolutly indentical. I have one on both of my rifles and have had no problems but will probably change out the chincy rubber butt plate for a real one.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#5]

I think he's talking about Cav Arms stock from Tapco.

That's news to me then. I wonder if they use different butplate than on their MKII's, since my MKII had a nice buttplate.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I got mine from Fulton. It's slightly used (small scratches, light rust on the sling swivel, no cracks) but it's the real deal. I too prefer the A1 length. BSW
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info.  This stock may well be a CavArms second, it's fairly scratched up and I read they don't have the foam in the cavity.  The buttplate IS horrible.  The door has a folded piece of soft plastic to spring load the latch.

I put the buttplate on it from my RRA A2 butt and the sling swivel.  I'm fairly happy with it now but it just didn't seem like a real mil-quality A1 buttstock.  I will look at Fulton and probably Moore for the real deal.

I will try to post a couple of pics tonight or in the morning.  Man, I love the shorter length and it sure looks right on the Flattop Mid-Length 16" gun.

Thanks again.

Bill D
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top