Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/5/2006 8:14:43 PM EDT
Howdy,

Considering either one of these for my next build. Shipped with an FFL fee is still cheaper than the DPMS at the local shop plus tax. I'm looking for first hand experiance, aka: held both of them in your hands, and was able to determine fit and finish between the two. I've read enough other stuff here to determine that they are both darn good, just wondering if anyone has seen them both and what their opinion was.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:33:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I have 2 of each.

I did have a little trouble with the Superior being so tight that I could not get the upper in the lower. A quick email to RB Precission got the problem fixed, and now they are fine. Did not have any problen with the Megas. I think that they are equal. My color match is good, but I don't think I would care ever if it wasn't.

Get either and you will be happy.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:14:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm partial to Superior, but you can't go wrong with either of them. Get the one with the logo you like the best, basically.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#3]
+1

i've owned both.  well, the mega was for a very short time...  nothing to do with the lower, but i traded it regardless.

i'm a superior fan.  i love them.  plus, they are local boys and have made a serious effort to accomodate the arfcommers with the aid of RB Precision.

my superior post

hope this helps.

-septic tank
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:54:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I have five Superiors that I got from Robert at RB Precision.  All went together easily.  I like 'em.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#5]
measurements of Superior Arms lower

I noticed that their lower essentially meets the same "spec" listed in the 1993 CAD drawings found on ARFCOM. My Ameetec Arms lower "exceeds" the spec by having more material around the bosses/holes in critical areas.

That said, if everyone w/ Superior lowers is essentially saying that they have no problems with the thin-walled pivot boss, then I'm fine with it. I was just concerned it may crack in the future.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I own both and honestly I don’t think you could go wrong with either one.

I think the Superior Arms lowers are easier to get now through RB Precision so if availability is a factor go with them.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I've put together a couple of each, and I think the quality of fit and finish is a lbetter on the MEGA.  The trigger take up adjustment on the Superior is nice if you want a good trigger on the cheap though.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:16:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I haven't handled a Superior yet (maybe soon) but my first love is Mega.  

Mega's machine work puts a lot of the big names to shame and for half the price.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top