Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/1/2006 6:00:51 PM EDT
I have the 14.5 barrel with the preban y brake perm attached. I can see discollerations spots at the 12 and 6 position to indicate the welds. I have dremeled it down some and not located the pins yet. How deep are they?

After removal, what is the best way to perm attach the phantom 5c2 comp on? I know a smith to do it, but I would rather do it myself. The guy doesnt have his own equip yet to remove it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:15:48 PM EDT
There's a tacked thread at the very top of the BUILD-IT-YOURSELF Forum.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

Scroll down to very near the bottom, and there's a post all about removing the Mini Y Comp muzzle brake from a Bushmaster 14.5" upper, as well what to do to make sure you don't break the law (since it becomes an NFA item as soon as you remove the Mini Y Comp). Please read it before doing any work.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:00:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JustinOK34:
There's a tacked thread at the very top of the BUILD-IT-YOURSELF Forum.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

Scroll down to very near the bottom, and there's a post all about removing the Mini Y Comp muzzle brake from a Bushmaster 14.5" upper, as well what to do to make sure you don't break the law (since it becomes an NFA item as soon as you remove the Mini Y Comp). Please read it before doing any work.

That is what I needed, thanks.

My lower is in my friends safe during this operation. I know, you cant make a sbr. If I get the mini Y off tomorrow, it will be in the shop for the perm reattachment.
Top Top