BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 9:29:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlyLeaf] [#1]
Think i might get rid of mine,its still in the box,forgot i had it.

Maybe reread this thread some and change my mind

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 3:01:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:
Think i might get rid of mine,its still in the box,forgot i had it.

Maybe reread this thread some and change my mind

View Quote
I love mine, only wish the mounting solution was a little more main stream.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:42:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Spatten] [#3]
I think the Glx 2x is a fantastic option.  

So many people get hung up on the "just 2x" portion.  But having used a Steyr AUG for a while, that little bit of magnification can a lot of capability. I like the expansive FOV with these as well.  

I've got a lightweight Noveske barrel on this one, and with the light Glx, it makes for a handy carbine.  

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MARSH1:

That should do the trick but  Creature if you are still having a problem PM me and I will get you swapped out with one with loose screws.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Joedirt199:
There is little dabs or blue loctite on the screws. Hit it with a soldiering needle to soften it up and use a new allen wrench. I am sure the ones provided are not the highest quality if the screw head is still good.

That should do the trick but  Creature if you are still having a problem PM me and I will get you swapped out with one with loose screws.
Isn't purple loctite what's supposed to be used on small screws like this?
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 5:59:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#6]
@marsh1

Mounting questions; directly to an RS Regulate mount, but surprisingly the mounting holes don’t quite match up. Looks like I can only get one screw in.

Questions are

1. is one fastener sufficient?
2. three mounting holes in the sight are visible and I’m assuming water may be able to find it’s way in. Plug with RTV??

PS; super interesting sight. Getting some quality time with it this weekend!
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 10:29:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#8]
After spending a couple months behind this optic now, I wish the chevron was changed to a solid triangle. It is just so small. With illum off to zero, it is a challenge for sure.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By chewbacca:
After spending a couple months behind this optic now, I wish the chevron was changed to a solid triangle. It is just so small. With illum off to zero, it is a challenge for sure.
View Quote

I agree with this, or recalibrate it with a larger reticle altogether like the 1x.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 12:09:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I can't wait for the pre-order for the SLx3 by then end of December 2021 or could it be by Dec 2022 now?
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Has anyone found a mounting solution for a piggyback rmr/Holosun for this?
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:26:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MARSH1] [#12]
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JimmyAR:
I can't wait for the pre-order for the SLx3 by then end of December 2021 or could it be by Dec 2022 now?
View Quote

This. The complaints about the Chevron being too small have me spooked about ordering this optic. The new 3x looks like it might be the ticket...I wish we could preorder or something already.

I'm thinking of ordering a 1x cyclop just to hold me over
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By KimberZ71:

Not 1.5X related; but with the 3X coming out in a smaller footprint compared to the current 2X (at least in length), is there any chance of a smaller 2X, more similar in size to the new 1X and 3X?
View Quote

Excellent question. I'm curious about this as well.

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Got mine in and mounted up on my VHS-2S.

Initial observations - very positive. The 2x magnification isn't strong enough to slow me down much close in, but becomes useful for pushing out a bit. The optics clarity isn't Trijicon level, but I'm not expecting that at this price point either. It is, however, clear enough to be more than usable. LED illumination needs to be cranked outside in full sun, but is visible at max. I also appreciate the adjustable diopter at my age.

While I'm not sure it's going to take up permanent residence on the VHS - as I'm still experimenting with what works well with this rifle - it will have a permanent home on one of my rifles (possibly my T91 clone).

While I'm not happy about the country of origin, I recognize the state of things, and am actually a bit more irritated that a US-made 2x prism with LED illumination and an adjustable diopter cannot be had at all.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:15:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Creature] [#16]
Originally Posted By MVolkJ:
The optics clarity isn't Trijicon level, but I'm not expecting that at this price point either. It is, however, clear enough to be more than usable.
View Quote
@MVolkJ

Honest curiosity: what method are you using to measure the clarity/resolution between the two?
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:19:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MVolkJ] [#17]
Originally Posted By Creature:
@MVolkJ

Honest curiosity: what method are you using to measure the clarity/resolution between the two?
View Quote

I'll be honest, it's just looking at things at range through the two of them. My ACOG is a TA31, so it's not really an apples-to-apples comparison. I am hardly a scientific lab.

The PA optic still has pretty darn good glass for what it is.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#18]
If you don't have anything to compare it to, it looks pretty good to me.   I like it, but am patiently waiting for the SLx3.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#19]
It occurs to me that I may have given the impression that I was dissatisfied with this optic- nothing could be further from the truth. It’s excellent, and offers a hell of a feature set at a very reasonable price.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:08:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By MRW:
2 eyes open is similar to my 1.5x ACOG
made in China
PA webiste sec says 11 oz
View Quote

Do you support the Chinese Communist Party?
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:09:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By saltiefork:

View All Quotes
2 eyes open is similar to my 1.5x ACOG
made in China
PA webiste sec says 11 oz

I just find it difficult to support brands that make their $$$$ products in a communist run state.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:36:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:10:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WriterClarke] [#23]
Considering PA seems to be the only one really delivering solid prism optics with diopters that also aren't ridiculously heavy, I'm fine with supporting them. Not the biggest fan of China, but with US options dragging their ass on doing anything worthwhile, my money is better spent with PA.

Trijicon refuses to offer any ACOGs with an adjustable diopter, and I'm unable to use them even with my corrective lenses. So even though the glass quality is better, I can actually use the PA 2x. ACOG just looks like I'm looking without my glasses.

Link Posted: 2/6/2022 6:43:09 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

So edgy.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#25]

So edgy.
View All Quotes

So edgy.

So old, people should get over this.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:05:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By WriterClarke:
Not the biggest fan of China, but with US options dragging their ass on doing anything worthwhile, my money is better spent with PA.
View Quote

Worrying about buying products from China is noble, and it really bothers me too, but that ship sailed about two decades ago. I'm typing this on a laptop made in China, with a mouse attached to it that was made in China, which is sitting on a desk that I'm pretty sure was made in China, plugged into a surge protect made in China. I have a can of compressed air sitting next to my computer for cleaning that keyboard. The canned air was made in China. I have a whiteboard on the wall of my home office that I believe was made in China. I have a shredder sitting next to my desk to destroy documents to help protect my family from identity theft. It was made in China. I have a Canon flatbed scanner on the desk that I've been using to digitize old family photos - it was made in China. I've got a spare of my favorite Yeti mug sitting on a shelf here, in case I lose my primary mug. Still has the wrap-around tag on it. "Designed in Texas. Made in China." I also have a U.S. postal scale on the shelf that I keep handy for when I sell something online and need to create the shipping label. Yes, it was made in China. My son left the RC monster truck that my dad got him for his birthday here in the office for me to trip over. It was made in China. My wife left her steam cleaner vacuum in the office a couple weeks ago - I've been meaning to put that away. It was made in China. I'm sure someone here is reading this on their smart phone made in China, while sitting on a toilet seat made in China. As I contemplate going outside to chip away at a patch of ice on our sidewalk, I'm reminded that when I went to Lowe's two weeks ago looking for a new pair of yard gloves, I couldn't find a single pair that wasn't made in China, so I got frustrated and walked out without new gloves. I'll have to use my old gloves, but first I need to throw on my jeans, which are hanging on the set of wall hooks (made in China) that I mounted in my closet a couple weeks ago.

The one bright spot as I sit here is that the external hard drive connected to my laptop, which I use to back up the family photos I scan, was made in Malaysia.

I recall a few years ago, someone did an experiment that they wrote up in an online article where they tried to furnish their apartment without using products made in China. They basically ended up sitting on egg crates in the dark staring at the wall. We need to make a much more concerted effort as a nation if we're ever going to change that. Accusing each other of supporting the CCP by buying an optic from a great U.S. vendor while sitting in our house furnished by China isn't going to get us there.

I'm personally trying to keep track of the PA optics that are made in countries other than China - there are a few, and I'm hoping to buy one of them in the future. But I'm not going to feel any more guilty about the nice GLx 2x that I bought than I do about the hundreds of other Chinese products in my house.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Considering PA seems to be the only one really delivering solid prism optics with diopters that also aren't ridiculously heavy, I'm fine with supporting them. Not the biggest fan of China, but with US options dragging their ass on doing anything worthwhile, my money is better spent with PA.

Trijicon refuses to offer any ACOGs with an adjustable diopter, and I'm unable to use them even with my corrective lenses. So even though the glass quality is better, I can actually use the PA 2x. ACOG just looks like I'm looking without my glasses.

View Quote

And that's pretty much where I am at, too. PA also employs people here in the US, and I don't feel bad about supporting them.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:47:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ayyyota] [#28]

View Quote
I guarantee there's a Chinese component within 5 feet of you right now. You guys ALWAYS shit up PA threads.
Don't like it? don't comment. Pretty simple.

Anyways, back on topic: regarding the clarity vs Trijicon. I sold off my 2 TA44s for the PA 2x GLX. The clarity was within ~10%. With the diopter and LED you can get it crystal clear to YOUR eye, as well as avoid bloom.
For the money they are impossible to beat.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Plus PA has some of the best customer service of any company and their people are more than happy to make things right when something goes south. Something about their hiring process and ability to find good guys and gals. One leaves to start his own, or work for a separate optic company, and still has the same work ethic and will not trash talk the other company. That speaks volumes.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 3:43:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Joedirt199:
Plus PA has some of the best customer service of any company and their people are more than happy to make things right when something goes south. Something about their hiring process and ability to find good guys and gals. One leaves to start his own, or work for a separate optic company, and still has the same work ethic and will not trash talk the other company. That speaks volumes.
View Quote

Same feelings about Swampfox as well!
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 3:56:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Just10mm] [#31]

View Quote

Exactly this.

The same mouth breathers troll these threads and shit them up, wHy u suPorRt the CCP?

I’m no fan of the CCP, however currently the bigger threat to me is the US .gov, so now what?

Best tool for the job period, wherever it is made. If Trijicon cared about earning my business, they would have innovated long ago.

Back to topic:

The PA GLx 2x is awesome!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 11:09:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:31:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Still waiting on someone to seriously explain how they are comparing and measuring the resolution and clarity performance between the subject of this thread and their other optics. I suspect personal bias is at play in these kinds of discussions. It would be nice for verifiable evidence to be presented by someone who has the capability to provide some answers.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 4:08:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By chewbacca:
View Quote

Especially given the low magnification and sort of hybrid between RDS and Magnified optic, I'd also like to see a simpler, larger reticle that can work well even when powered off.

Either:

-Big triangle

-Donut of Death ala Steyr AUG, but with a center dot
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:

I'm personally trying to keep track of the PA optics that are made in countries other than China - there are a few, and I'm hoping to buy one of them in the future. But I'm not going to feel any more guilty about the nice GLx 2x that I bought than I do about the hundreds of other Chinese products in my house.
View Quote

Which PA optics are not made in China? Not a snarky question, I'm just curious.
Thanks!
Hep
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 1:24:14 AM EDT
[#36]
The PLX line is mostly from LOW in Japan.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 8:05:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kazual] [#37]
Still waiting on someone to seriously explain how they are comparing and measuring the resolution and clarity performance between the subject of this thread and their other optics. I suspect personal bias is at play in these kinds of discussions. It would be nice for verifiable evidence to be presented by someone who has the capability to provide some answers.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I took a look with my GLX 2x prism at the setup above at approx. 50yds and compared it with a Sig Whiskey 5 2-10x@2x and a Bushnell SMRS II 1-6.5x@2x.

I circled in orange the horizontal and vertical lines I could delineate under overcast skies at 5:30 pm.  It was the same for all 3 optics.

The red and green colors were noticeably more vivid in the scopes than through the prism imo.  Especially the Whiskey 5, but I only looked through it once, so maybe the sky was a bit brighter then?

I don't expect this will satisfy anyone wanting objective data.

I might try this again at 25 yds?  I couldn't see much fine detail at 50yds with 2x, younger eyes may vary.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 6:56:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 12:10:56 PM EDT
[#39]
That's an interesting test sheet.  Can you please explain a bit more about it, how it's used?
View Quote

My limited understanding is simply that the smaller things you can see, well defined on the charts, the better the optical quality.  If I recall correctly, the colored charts were meant for 10x or greater scope evaluation at 100 yds or meters.

FA Optics Test Method

I stumbled across it online and used it, mostly following their directions, to compare my Burris XTR II 1-5x against my Bushnell SMRS 1-6.5x some time back.
Unfortunately I don't know anymore about them than what is on the link above, so I'd refer you to that.  

The plain white one is the 1951 USAF Optical Resolution Chart which I came across when I was trying to find the above website again for my quick comparison.

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 10:36:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 549] [#40]
Does this have an always "On" setting, or do you have to rely upon the shake awake feature?
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 12:53:11 AM EDT
[#41]

Typically this optic is used because you can use it close quarters out to 300+ but you could use a 45 offset mount.

LINK
View Quote

Any options for risers that bring the optic back? I’ve got my GLX2x right in front of my rear sight with no more space.

I wish the optic could go back 1 more slot in the rail and be able to retain my rear sight.

Currently using Midwest QD and the low riser.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 7:11:36 AM EDT
[#42]
You can put your sight in front of the optic since you are using a quick release mount. I did that on my pistol build with a reddot and micro magnifier. Hate having to run the stock so far in so I just put the rear sight in front of the reddot and now the manifier is all the way back for a more comfortable stock length. Back up sights are just that, back up.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 9:12:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperShooter04] [#43]
I think that the only way to accomplish what you are asking to to have the riser stack that the newer optics come with. They would work because the pictures that I have seen bring the optics back further i.e., gen 2 cyclops. I have a MI BUIS and MI mini ACOG mount, and have the 2x mounted 2 slots up from the BUIS to easily clear interferences from the rear sight in terms of space to detach the qd. There is enough eye relief that I can clearly see the reticle with no scope shadow, I also use the Midwest mini ACOG mount with the medium spacer and the # 4 or 5 included screws, any closer than that I would get some scope shadow.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:35:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Left_Cant] [#45]
Originally Posted By VeritatisUnus:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/52686/F94596C6-3A1F-4895-8518-0F683F0E0FE9_png-2111550.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/52686/B10E0F26-8050-4E5B-AC92-4C0A9B9C4F73_png-2111556.JPG

These scope caps are on Amazon, work perfectly are cheap and are more robust that butler creek.
View Quote

Thanks for posting these. Just ordered a set.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Are there any plans for a 4x in this form factor maybe?

I know about the 3x micro, but I'd love something  with nicer glass and a bit more durability like the gold line.

It just seems like there would be a huge market for what would essentially be an acog killer. You could even have a package with a 1x optic mounted to it and sell them two sights at once.

Pretty please, with sugar on top?
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 1:18:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 300Blackout_Drunk:

I know about the 3x micro, but I'd love something  with nicer glass and a bit more durability like the gold line.

It just seems like there would be a huge market for what would essentially be an acog killer. You could even have a package with a 1x optic mounted to it and sell them two sights at once.

View Quote

This is what I am wanting as well.

-Bryan
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By broberts001:

-Bryan
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By broberts001:
Originally Posted By 300Blackout_Drunk:

-Bryan

Me too. With a Glock MOS mount on top for a red dot which would allow virtually any red dot to mounted on top.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 6:54:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BTGRUNT] [#50]
Originally Posted By PrimaryArms:
Update since there are lots of options in our 1x and 3x risers. They are compatible however the 2x uses   M5x0.8 and the screws are countersunk. Where the MicroPrism mounts use 10-32 and the screws are low profile socket head. So depending on what risers/mounts you use, just be mindful that you might have to get some screws that are compatible with that.
View Quote

hey there would you recommend or recommend against using the cantilever/extended mounts that came with the cyclops  gen 2 to use on the glx 2x? I've tried and they line up great for the eye relief I need on my ak. Just worried that the glx 2x may be too heavy for that mount extender and risk it snapping if dropped or impacted
Page / 22
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top