Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 22
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 2:22:24 AM EDT
[#1]
So what are the scope caps needed for this? Would be nice if some non-butler creek ones were options
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#2]
What's the current status of a green reticle for this 2x?
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 10:12:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:15:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Warp] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MARSH1:

We do have TA44 Acogs with the same ACSS reticles in them.

View Quote
Is this still a thing?

Preorder for red GLx 2x placed since there's no green around the corner
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By chewbacca:

Or anything besides black. Grey or brown would work too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Noctis:
FDE/Tan model please

Ok really the new slx is released with FDE before this? I need two FDE glx 2xs pronto.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#6]

https://i.imgur.com/bRD4tRy.png

Ok really the new slx is released with FDE before this? I need two FDE glx 2xs pronto.
View All Quotes
FDE/Tan model please

https://i.imgur.com/bRD4tRy.png

+1 to this
It's nice not having to spray paint a brand new optic.

Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:54:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VeritatisUnus] [#7]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

These scope caps are on Amazon, work perfectly are cheap and are more robust that butler creek.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Apologies if this has been asked before but what is the target market for this optic?  I'm scratching my head a bit at the need for an optic to stay on 2X all the time.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By PN5X5:
Apologies if this has been asked before but what is the target market for this optic?  I'm scratching my head a bit at the need for an optic to stay on 2X all the time.
View Quote

I guess for people that desire a little magnification at all times? Like the Steyr AUG perhaps with either 1.5X or 3X?
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Same people who buy a Trijicon AGOG, but can’t afford $1,000.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DonofKalifornia:

Same people who buy a Trijicon AGOG, but can't afford $1,000.
View Quote

and want the features this optic has. I ditched my TA44s (3) in-favor of these. LED, reticle, etc. is top notch.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ayyyota:

and want the features this optic has. I ditched my TA44s (3) in-favor of these. LED, reticle, etc. is top notch.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ayyyota:
Originally Posted By DonofKalifornia:

Same people who buy a Trijicon AGOG, but can't afford $1,000.

QFT
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Still love mine.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 9:49:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I’m still waiting for mine. I placed my order late July or first of August and still no word. Anyone have an update?
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 9:11:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PlinkinPony] [#15]
View Quote

as others mentioned above, features, illumination, ect. But 2x is an interesting zoom level. A little magnification really makes the ACSS shine, It can still be used in close quarters very easy. But give a little clearer picture of targets at moderate ranges. I set my LPVO at 2x and did a full range day when this optic came out and was surprised how well it worked. I did ditched the LPVO, but I have yet to get this 2x. Im still leaning on going back to a dot+mag myself.

But yea, its a neat optic and from whatever thing I read its super tough.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 10:13:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VeritatisUnus] [#16]
View Quote

300 BLk SBR

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't want to be that guy, but it would sure be nice if a company that is pitching the latest and greatest actually knew when the heck their product would come in.  

I know, I know, signed sorry and frustrated...
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By JimmyAR:
Don't want to be that guy, but it would sure be nice if a company that is pitching the latest and greatest actually knew when the heck their product would come in.  

I know, I know, signed sorry and frustrated...
View Quote

Um…it looks like they’re in stock on PA’s website.  Am I mistaken?
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 11:41:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Optics planet not so much, have not gone through the gambit at PA so a bit leary, might show available but guessing out of stock.    That said some updates would be great on the Glx if I am right and would love to hear on the new SLx series as well.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 1:18:31 AM EDT
[#20]
I got the GLx 2X a couple of weeks back from one of their listed dealers. GLx 2X and show in stock at Primary Arms at this time. GLx 2X @ Primary Arms
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Ok, so how useful is the ACSS holds with this optic? Does 2x help you see it well enough on its own? I know on 1x you kinda need magnification to really use the ACSS, at least I do.

Link Posted: 11/8/2021 5:29:10 PM EDT
[#22]
I just got mine in today. I really like it so far. I walked around the house seeing how different it is than a red dot and I like it much better than a red dot. I’m going to mount it to my x95 and see how it feels. I think I may put a few red dots on the market and pick up a couple more. The advantage that I see right now with magnification is great.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By OlympicArmsFan:
I just got mine in today. I really like it so far. I walked around the house seeing how different it is than a red dot and I like it much better than a red dot. I’m going to mount it to my x95 and see how it feels. I think I may put a few red dots on the market and pick up a couple more. The advantage that I see right now with magnification is great.
View Quote

how does the retical look? can you see all the tiny dots and stuff ok on 2x?
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By PlinkinPony:
Ok, so how useful is the ACSS holds with this optic? Does 2x help you see it well enough on its own? I know on 1x you kinda need magnification to really use the ACSS, at least I do.

View Quote

Mine has the 300 Blackout reticle and the holds seem to be easily visible.

ILya
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#25]
When I had my 2x, I had no issues with the reticle size. Had more issues with the Razor Gen II's JM-1 reticle than any of the ACSS reticles I've used.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OlympicArmsFan:

I have not had it to the range or on my rifle yet. Just holding it in hand and walking around the house I have no issue with the reticle.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:59:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Clint50] [#27]
I just purchased a Christensen Arms Modern Precision Pistol, in 5.56, and am looking at a dizzying array of optic choices. I had a P-A Cyclops 1x on my Maxim PDX and really loved the diopter, for my old eyes.
Would the P-A GLX 2X prism work well, out to at least 250yds?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
It's definitely usable, but the smallest I'd recommend going.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 2:24:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MARSH1] [#29]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Depends on your eyes, shooting skill and target size. You won't be using much in the way of hold over. Here is the 5.56 bullet drop if that helps. If you are doing at lot that far out a LPVO might be a better choice since you ,mentioned old eyes. Something I know a lot about. .

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/bb190/marsh2001/PA-GLX-2XP-ACSS-5.56_12.webp
View Quote

Thank you, Marshall. Would the GLX 3x work better for my particular application or do you think an LPVO like a 1-6x might be the way to go?
I really want something compact since the MPP is so short & light.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 3:11:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MARSH1] [#31]
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 9:16:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Have two of these 2x optics. I like them in general. Have shot them out to 300 yards. The reticle is small but with illumination on, the chevron and donut is easy to pick out. I loose the lower dots on dark backgrounds. Dunno if they are accurate, as I can't see them. Closer in, it works great.  That little bit of magnification helps my tired eye. Diopter adjustment is nice also.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Received my GLx 2x. I cannot remove the screw holding the mount to the riser. Almost seems as if red loctite was used on it.

The Allen key stripped. Luckily the screw did not strip.

What are my options for removal?
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By JoseMadre:
Received my GLx 2x. I cannot remove the screw holding the mount to the riser. Almost seems as if red loctite was used on it.

The Allen key stripped. Luckily the screw did not strip.

What are my options for removal?
View Quote

Hit it with your purse.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 11:38:50 AM EDT
[#35]
You ruined the wrench that was supplied in the box when you bought it?
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Creature:
You ruined the wrench that was supplied in the box when you bought it?https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/153820/Screenshot_20211123-103801_YouTube-2178176.jpg
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 4:37:30 PM EDT
[#37]

Yes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Creature:
You ruined the wrench that was supplied in the box when you bought it?https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/153820/Screenshot_20211123-103801_YouTube-2178176.jpg

Yes.

@Marsh
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#38]
There is little dabs or blue loctite on the screws. Hit it with a soldiering needle to soften it up and use a new allen wrench. I am sure the ones provided are not the highest quality if the screw head is still good.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:27:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 9:50:28 AM EDT
[#40]

That should do the trick but  Creature if you are still having a problem PM me and I will get you swapped out with one with loose screws.
View Quote
I'm good...I was looking out for JoseMadre.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#41]
How is this optic for HD?  Talking 5-30 feet.  Love the idea of this optic, and if it could work for HD, I'm in.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#42]
I have 2 of the glx's.....one on an AK and one on 556......these are DEFINITELY good to go! My astigmatism is negated using these etched reticles. Thanks PA for being badasses! And thanks for taking all my money everytime I get a sale email!

Jerry

Depends on use and distance. LPVO will get you to greater distances and are preferred by some over fixed low power.  

This optic was specifically designed for self defense and LE use. It is lightweight, seamless transition from close to max self defense distance, no change in reticle size when making a transition, true daylight bright etched reticle (only available in select 1-6 with limited reticle), fewer moving parts enhance reliability.  To name a few.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2021 9:49:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Creature] [#43]
Originally Posted By rauchman:
How is this optic for HD?  Talking 5-30 feet.  Love the idea of this optic, and if it could work for HD, I'm in.
View Quote
works surprisingly well close up
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 2:39:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: roadstar] [#44]

View Quote

I have 2 of these.  One on a SLR107 with the 7.62x39 reticle and one on a Colt 6960 with the 5.56 reticle.  Yesterday I was getting hits out to 500 yards using the BDC on 12" steel plates with the Colt 6960.  This was from a rested position (kneeling using a barrel for support) with Federal XM193.  Out to 300 yards was automatic.  400 yards was 75% hits and 500 yards was iffy.  I connected twice out of about 10 tries.  That was on me I'm sure.  My 50 year old eyes really struggled with my 500 yard target with the 2x magnification.  I believe that this optic doubles my affective range over a red dot.  I can't see my 300 yard steel with my Comp M4's or M5, but with the GL2X I can reliably get hits at 300 and 400 yards.

If I was 25 with good eyes, I wouldn't necessarily have a use for these optics.  But at 50 with marginal eyes they are awesome.  The BDC is a great tool and close in work is a snap with the 2x as well.  I was working on COM hammers at 5 and 7 yards as well as head shots and it was every bit as fast and easy as my AR's with Aimpoint dots.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 4:51:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Creature] [#45]
Originally Posted By roadstar:

I have 2 of these.  One on a SLR107 with the 7.62x39 reticle and one on a Colt 6960 with the 5.56 reticle.  Yesterday I was getting hits out to 500 yards using the BDC on 12" steel plates with the Colt 6960.  This was from a rested position (kneeling using a barrel for support) with Federal XM193.  Out to 300 yards was automatic.  400 yards was 75% hits and 500 yards was iffy.  I connected twice out of about 10 tries.  That was on me I'm sure.  My 50 year old eyes really struggled with my 500 yard target with the 2x magnification.  I believe that this optic doubles my affective range over a red dot.  I can't see my 300 yard steel with my Comp M4's or M5, but with the GL2X I can reliably get hits at 300 and 400 yards.

If I was 25 with good eyes, I wouldn't necessarily have a use for these optics.  But at 50 with marginal eyes they are awesome.  The BDC is a great tool and close in work is a snap with the 2x as well.  I was working on COM hammers at 5 and 7 yards as well as head shots and it was every bit as fast easy as my AR's with Aimpoint dots.
View Quote
@roadstar

Great post. PA really got this one right.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 8:38:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Moses06] [#46]
Originally Posted By rauchman:
View Quote

I have the 1x and the 2x. As a professional tactical house larper, I much prefer the 1x inside. The 2x sits on my 18" AR now. It's usable, but not as fast of course.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#47]
if we could get this optic in a 1.5X with a nice smoothed out body like the new 1X that takes a popular mount style aka aim point micro or at least MRO so that we could use available top quality mounts this optic would be perfect.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:30:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#50]

We considered 1.5X when we designed the 2X.  Maybe because my eyes are old I felt like 2X was the right number to easily and accurately reach out to linger distances while still being fast at CQ.

It is not in the works so not going to happen anytime soon bit for a future project sell me on 1.5X
View Quote

Not 1.5X related; but with the 3X coming out in a smaller footprint compared to the current 2X (at least in length), is there any chance of a smaller 2X, more similar in size to the new 1X and 3X?
Page / 22
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top