Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 25
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dropped the Accupower off a bench table onto  the concrete below it and dented the objective end. It had no effect on the function of the optic and it held zero when I remounted the optic on the rifle (Bobro mount). Had no issues with the P4xi nor did I drop it. Of the two I think I prefer the Steiner for the daylight bright dot and the price was better on it vs what I paid for on the Triji. I'm not sure what prices you are seeing for the two but I would wait until black friday at this point.
View Quote
Thanks for the input! And those are my intentions for the moment, waiting for black Friday to come around.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I went back through this thread I found a picture of what looks like a SPR 1.5 (I forget which model number that is) with MBUS under it, with some clearance... I have that exact mount on hand already, so I'm trying to hash out details before I order a LPV.

I've also been looking at the Leupold VX-R's.... I really wish they still made the German #4 version with the 10th Mil adjustments ( I missed a deal on one locally just recently).  Their size and weight are really appealing, and they are daylight bright, but they do have some down sides. I have not made up my mind yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have my P4xi in a Burris PEPR mount which places the centerline of the scope 1.6" above the rail and the MBUS will not fit under the ocular. I had to go with the MBUS Pro in order get one under the scope.

You would probably have to go with the LT 135 in order to get enough height to clear a regular MBUS since all the other models put the centerline of the scope either at 1.5" or less above the rail.
I went back through this thread I found a picture of what looks like a SPR 1.5 (I forget which model number that is) with MBUS under it, with some clearance... I have that exact mount on hand already, so I'm trying to hash out details before I order a LPV.

I've also been looking at the Leupold VX-R's.... I really wish they still made the German #4 version with the 10th Mil adjustments ( I missed a deal on one locally just recently).  Their size and weight are really appealing, and they are daylight bright, but they do have some down sides. I have not made up my mind yet.
I’m a bit confused by this as I just watched a video with this optic mounted in an ADM mount (same height IIRC) and an MBUS underneath it.

Would it still clear with a cover on the ocular?
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#3]
For what it's worth...

I put a P4Xi on a Colt FSP 6720 with a Larue LT 104. It's mounted NTCH, and easily cleared the (whatever stock component Colt uses) BUIS. Today I went up to North 40 and bought Vortex caps, both of which fit beautifully. It's close, but the ocular cap fits with no interference between the scope and the BUIS.

Can confirm you need the E-10 and 24 Vortex caps.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 10:39:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For what it's worth...

I put a P4Xi on a Colt FSP 6720 with a Larue LT 104. It's mounted NTCH, and easily cleared the (whatever stock component Colt uses) BUIS. Today I went up to North 40 and bought Vortex caps, both of which fit beautifully. It's close, but the ocular cap fits with no interference between the scope and the BUIS.

Can confirm you need the E-10 and 24 Vortex caps.
View Quote
Those are what I used as well; perfect fit.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 12:22:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Went to shoot my 16" ar with Steiner for the first time this weekend. My 1st power scope to be honest.
I did my first zeroing at 50y and then I was gonna confirm at 200y.
Problem is I cant even see hits on paper at 200y at 4x. Maybe I was using wrong type of target or whatever.

How do I supposed to zero it at 200?
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 12:34:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Went to shoot my 16" ar with Steiner for the first time this weekend. My 1st power scope to be honest.
Problem is I cant even see hits on paper at 200y at 4x. Maybe I was using wrong type of target or whatever.

View Quote
Get shoot and see targets shoot 5-10 shot groups walk down range check to see where shots are hitting.
Honestly if youre shooting M855 ammo your groups may be 6 inches or so anyways. What I like to do is zero at 50 for elevation make sure windage is good at 100 yards and shoot at a steel target at 300M to confirm shots seem to be going where they need to.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:06:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Get shoot and see targets shoot 5-10 shot groups walk down range check to see where shots are hitting.
Honestly if youre shooting M855 ammo your groups may be 6 inches or so anyways. What I like to do is zero at 50 for elevation make sure windage is good at 100 yards and shoot at a steel target at 300M to confirm shots seem to be going where they need to.
View Quote
My rifle is lwrc di with 1:7 twist and I was shooting 5.56 55gn federal ammo. I did get hits center mass at 200, but like you said it was about 5-6" group.
Someone suggested trying 62gn bullet for better groups out of this barrel.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:13:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My rifle is lwrc di with 1:7 twist and I was shooting 5.56 55gn federal ammo. I did get hits center mass at 200, but like you said it was about 5-6" group.
Someone suggested trying 62gn bullet for better groups out of this barrel.
View Quote
5-6" groups is pretty good for mil spec 5.56. I'd be satisfied with 2 MOA for a 1-4 optic and M193. If it hits consistently within the same 5-6 inch circle I'd call it good enough. As I said I like to bang a steel target at 300m to verify the target is probably like 6MOA.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 2:12:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 12:38:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I see the Steiner is still listed on DSG Arms with a nice discount

Would you guys FO now or wait until Black Friday and hope for an even bigger discount?

Steiner 1-4x scope - $463

Steiner 1-4x scope w/ QD mount - $589
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 1:37:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I’m waiting to see what Black Friday brings.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#12]
After almost buying a Khales I now have two p4xi's. My first has been amazing and help up great. These things are a great bang for the buck for sure.

Hopefully a p6xi is on the horizon.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 10:01:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone care to compare the P4xi to the Burris RT6?

I just got an RT6 on Saturday and I'm quite happy with it, but I need to pick up another and am open to other suggestions
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 10:15:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Received the P4Xi today from a popular vendor of these scopes. Question: has anyone else received their package with the "inspected - certified" sticker/seal broken?

I'm trying to determine if that is normal or if I received an "open box" model.
View Quote
I have received them this way. The serial number checked out and there was no sign of it having been mounted. Some boxes have the original Steiner bar code on the bottom, others have a Burris bar code sticker over the Steiner sticker. I don't know who is opening them, but what I received was new and un-mounted.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:03:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I just got an RT6 on Saturday and I'm quite happy with it, but I need to pick up another and am open to other suggestions
View Quote
I'm in the same boat.  After initially shooting the two side by side, I bought the RT6 and I'm ok with it.  I'd really like compare the two further.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 5:08:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes I have one mounted on a HK 556.
Great scope and super price .
DGS has them with the mount.

Enjoy,
Alan
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Quoted:

I'm in the same boat.  After initially shooting the two side by side, I bought the RT6 and I'm ok with it.  I'd really like compare the two further.
View Quote
I asked a similar question before settling on a Viper pst gen 2. I've never even looked through the rt6 or the p4xi but from what I gathered from folks talking about each was that the Steiner has better glass and is daylight bright. While the rt6 punches far above it's weight class the glass isn't as good as the Steiner and the lume isn't daylight bright. With that said the rt6 costs a good deal less as well.

EDIT: Forgot link https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Burris-RT6-vs-Viper-PST-Gen-II-1-6x24-vs-Steiner-P4Xi/18-731868/
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 11:09:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I asked a similar question before settling on a Viper pst gen 2. I've never even looked through the rt6 or the p4xi but from what I gathered from folks talking about each was that the Steiner has better glass and is daylight bright. While the rt6 punches far above it's weight class the glass isn't as good as the Steiner and the lume isn't daylight bright. With that said the rt6 costs a good deal less as well.
View Quote
Certainly my take.  Is the Steiner worth 60% more $$$?  It would take more than a couple hours on the range for me to answer than.
I'd have to live with them a while.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Certainly my take.  Is the Steiner worth 60% more $$$?  It would take more than a couple hours on the range for me to answer than.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, I bet it is

That glass is the best I’ve had the chance to look through
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 11:10:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Honestly, I bet it is

View Quote
I don't know if I would go that far.  Best under $600 maybe, but it would have competition.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't know if I would go that far.  Best under $600 maybe, but it would have competition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, I bet it is

Better than any Vortex, Trijicon, Leupold, SWFA and Nikon I’ve looked through

I know that’s limited glass, but for me it’s the bomb dot com
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 3:15:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
I plan on picking one up here soon, best deal with or without a mount?
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I plan on picking one up here soon, best deal with or without a mount?
View Quote
You can buy one through ExpertVoice for $400.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You can buy one through ExpertVoice for $400.
View Quote
Can you link me to that?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Can you link me to that?

Thanks in advance
View Quote
www.expertvoice.com
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

www.expertvoice.com
View Quote
Thank you it’s greatly appreciated
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
@NotanATFagent

Have you compared to Leupold VX6 1-6 ?
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
@NotanATFagent

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@NotanATFagent

No I haven’t.

Wouldn’t really find that to be a fair comparison though.

Spending twice as much should get your a nicer scope, normally.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:33:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No I haven’t.

Wouldn’t really find that to be a fair comparison though.

Spending twice as much should get your a nicer scope, normally.
View Quote
Well - I have a used L VX6 1-6 I got for $600 so when I pick up the P4Xi I'll post some comparisons
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 1:43:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Is anyone using the P4Xi with Geissele mounts? I'm trying to determine what the best length would be to go with these or if I can just snag one of the SOPMOD 30mm models that's designed for the Vortex Razor HD II and have it work out. Ideally I want 1.93" height, but it's looking like that may be a no-go.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 1:06:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is anyone using the P4Xi with Geissele mounts? I'm trying to determine what the best length would be to go with these or if I can just snag one of the SOPMOD 30mm models that's designed for the Vortex Razor HD II and have it work out. Ideally I want 1.93" height, but it's looking like that may be a no-go.
View Quote
I thought @shortbuss used a Geissele Mount with his, but I could be mistaken
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I thought @shortbuss used a Geissele Mount with his, but I could be mistaken
View Quote
I am using a g mount. I’m drunk in Mexico trying to find some hookers and blow but can get some measurements and pics Saturday. I don’t think I have closeups for serial numbers right now but if I remember right it’s the ar10 mount and extended?
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#33]
What is a good price for a P4xi?
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What is a good price for a P4xi?
View Quote
$379 and free shipping
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Where can I get one for $379?
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Might get lucky waiting until Black Friday
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
You asked what a good price would be. He didn’t actually say you could get one at that price.  

I agree, wait for Black Friday
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

$379 and free shipping
View Quote
Is that realistic? Have they dipped to that during a sale? I saw some guy on YouTube claim to have gotten one for $280. I am skeptical. What is the best price you have seen?

BTW, the optics planet price is $521.99 and a 10% coupon off that. That would put it about $470.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone have experience with the Mercon 1-6x scope compared to the Steiner 1-4x?

Comparable price and that extra 2x mag ification would be nice

It would come down to glass quality though

https://www.rainierarms.com/mercon-1-6x-scopes/
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 4:43:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't have any personal experience with the Mercon but check out GT's review.
Mercon MK1 1-6x Low Power Variable Optic (Red dot and Long range?)

https://youtu.be/HmZdH3wGGgo
Personally, I'm very happy with the Steiner.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 4:49:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmZdH3wGGgo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmZdH3wGGgo
Yeah I actually just watched it

Seems like the Steiner would be better

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 8:13:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Check out the Vortex PST Viper gen 2. Comparable glass (from what I've read) and 6x vs 4x. I got mine brand new for ~$570 from Opticsplanet.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 8:59:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Optics Planet is persona non grata with a lot of ARF (for a good reason that escapes me right now), but they throw the P4Xi up for $37X.XX every so often. That's almost always the model without the throw lever... and that zoom ring is a stiff bitch (at least mine is). Sign up for DSGarms too, and log in and check the price regularly. They put it on sale once in a while as well.

The throw lever is $60.00 or so (there's a synthetic version for about $20), and a set of caps will set you back $20-$40, depending on brand.

I waited three or four months to hit a sale...paid $376.99.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Optics Planet is persona non grata with a lot of ARF (for a good reason that escapes me right now)
View Quote
Probably that bit where they stopped sending out mags over 10 rounds (I think) because they were in Chiraq and Supreme Leader Emmanuel made it illegal for them to stock stuff that was illegal for sale in the county or something along those lines.

On topic, Optics Planet currently has 14% off the P4Xi with code 14RIF18, which puts the throw levered model at $448.91 for me. Factor in $60 for a throw lever and it puts it around $388 shipped, which is as close to the bottom as I've heard so far. Worth it?
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#45]
I just picked up the 5202 model which includes the throw lever for $448.91 to my door on Optics Planet. I've heard lots of good things about these and have never tried any of their products out.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I just picked up the 5202 model which includes the throw lever for $448.91 to my door on Optics Planet. I've heard lots of good things about these and have never tried any of their products out.
View Quote
Where did you get the 14% coupon?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 3:08:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Is that realistic? Have they dipped to that during a sale? I saw some guy on YouTube claim to have gotten one for $280. I am skeptical. What is the best price you have seen?

BTW, the optics planet price is $521.99 and a 10% coupon off that. That would put it about $470.
View Quote
That's what mine was from Optics Planet. Had to look up when I placed the order. Actually a good price is $376.99

Attachment Attached File

A couple of posts up verified it's the model without the throw lever,  but I found an aluminum one on flea-bay that fits, for for $11.99-free shipping
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#48]
If new P4XIs are out there for under $400 i'd jump on that in a heartbeat. I paid something around $450 for mine with the throw lever from DSG and felt pretty damn good about that price.

For the money, it's one of the best (if not the best) LPVOs on the market.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 12:21:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Where did you get the 14% coupon?
View Quote
14RIF18 is the coupon code if you want to snag one.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:20:26 PM EDT
[#50]
$477 for me right now on Optics Planet due to Michigan taxes

I’ll wait until Black Friday
Page / 25
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top