Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/26/2006 6:42:10 AM EDT
I remember there being some type of video or flash animation teaching how to use mildots. Anyone know where I could find it?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:45:59 AM EDT
Try Mildot Master. I also bought one of ther calculator and it's very nice.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:52:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/26/2006 7:57:08 AM EDT by Face_N_The_Crowd]
While this doesn't anwer your question IMHO the way to learn to use it is to use it. If your dots are in a scope - for practice, until it is committed to memory carry your drop in inches around with you. Pick a target in the distance, estimate the range, and then work out the solution - this will allow you to practice and back into what the view from the ret should look like. If your dots are in a spotter - take the spotter somewhere and practice with objects of known size - building materials (window and door sizes) are naturals.

The game you are talking about - 'Shooter Ready' - google.

Good luck
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:13:51 AM EDT
The one I remember is one that teacvhs you how to use Mildots from scratch. It's not Shooter Ready (altho SR is nice).
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:12:34 AM EDT
Anyone?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:28:29 AM EDT
This is a trainer - to use it you need to understand how mil-dot works and how to use the system to range objects:

www.shooterready.com/lrsdemo02.swf
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:32:05 AM EDT
That is the Shooter Ready program that Face_N_The_Crowd was talking about. It's not the movie/flash/whatever that I've seen mentioned here in the past. The one I'm talking about explains Mil Dots from the ground up.
Top Top