Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/26/2006 6:42:10 AM EDT
I remember there being some type of video or flash animation teaching how to use mildots.  Anyone know where I could find it?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:45:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Try Mildot Master.  I also bought one of ther calculator and it's very nice.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:52:53 AM EDT
[#2]
While this doesn't anwer your question IMHO the way to learn to use it is to use it. If your dots are in a scope - for practice, until it is committed to memory carry your drop in inches around with you. Pick a target in the distance, estimate the range, and then work out the solution - this will allow you to practice and back into what the view from the ret should look like. If your dots are in a spotter - take the spotter somewhere and practice with objects of known size - building materials (window and door sizes) are naturals.

The game you are talking about - 'Shooter Ready' - google.

Good luck
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#3]
The one I remember is one that teacvhs you how to use Mildots from scratch.  It's not Shooter Ready (altho SR is nice).
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:28:29 AM EDT
[#5]
This is a trainer - to use it you need to understand how mil-dot works and how to use the system to range objects:

www.shooterready.com/lrsdemo02.swf
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:32:05 AM EDT
[#6]
That is the Shooter Ready program that Face_N_The_Crowd was talking about.  It's not the movie/flash/whatever that I've seen mentioned here in the past.  The one I'm talking about explains Mil Dots from the ground up.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top