Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 4:16:01 PM EDT
I just got this combo from G&R after speaking to Grant about my choices (BTW, that's twice now that he has been very nice about letting me pick his brain for info about what I really needed compared to what I thought I wanted... good service), the accupoint works just like he says it does, any fears I had about using this thing were unfounded, it's a great product.

My question is;

I shoot NTCH and I'm finding that even with the SPR-EER as far forward as possible on the receiver I still need to back off the CH just a bit to get proper eye relief when on 1.25x, as I zoom in to 4x NTCH is just fine.

Is this pretty much everyone else's experience?

It's not that big-o-deal, I still think this thing can be almost as fast as a red dot (almost), I'm just wondering if my eyes are weird.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:28:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:33:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MudBug:
I shoot NTCH and I'm finding that even with the SPR-EER as far forward as possible on the receiver I still need to back off the CH just a bit to get proper eye relief when on 1.25x, as I zoom in to 4x NTCH is just fine. Is this pretty much everyone else's experience?

I got my Accupoint and SPR-E from Grant a few weeks ago as well and yes, the eye relief/head position at 1.25X has also been my experience as well.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:35:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By C4iGrant:
Glad you like it! The TR21 has SO MUCH eye relief (to much IMHO) that extreme NSTCH shooters can have an issues.

C4

Cool, so it's not me.

I actually love this thing. If you recall I had concerns becuase of my cross-eye dominance, but this thing really works great with both eyes open, and that whole BAC stuff really works also.

Those 300 yard targets at the rifle/shotgun match next week are screwed. So are the Javalina and Yotes I'll be chasing the last 10 days of this month.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:52:35 PM EDT

I actually love this thing. (TR-21R)

I hear ya. I'd been debating about getting one for a little over a year. Now I'm thinking about getting the TR-20R for my 20" AR.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:40:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:50:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By C4iGrant:

Originally Posted By Matt_B:

I actually love this thing. (TR-21R)

I hear ya. I'd been debating about getting one for a little over a year. Now I'm thinking about getting the TR-20R for my 20" AR.

I have a TR20R in stock!
C4

Why does that not surprise me. I'll get one but I've got other fish to fry right now.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:16:05 AM EDT
With a MRP upper is there any reason to get the EER mount?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:30:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By vandal:
With a MRP upper is there any reason to get the EER mount?

probably not
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:33:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:55:26 AM EDT
C4,

SPR's in stock? Also, do you have the 30mm to 1" reduction rings? Thanks...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:00:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:25:20 PM EDT
That's weird, I got my TR21 (red) on a Larue Tactical EER. I can still put my boogar closet right up to the charging handle at 4x or 1.25 power and I do not notice an eye relief issue at all. What really amazes me is that I dont even see that front site post. I mean I dont even see its shadow. If I pull my head back away from charging handle and run in down the stock, I can see it then. But I never see it when I am shooting.

Bill
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:31:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2006 12:32:18 PM EDT by C4iGrant]
Top Top