Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 4:16:01 PM EDT
I just got this combo from G&R after speaking to Grant about my choices (BTW, that's twice now that he has been very nice about letting me pick his brain for info about what I really needed compared to what I thought I wanted... good service), the accupoint works just like he says it does, any fears I had about using this thing were unfounded, it's a great product.

My question is;

I shoot NTCH and I'm finding that even with the SPR-EER as far forward as possible on the receiver I still need to back off the CH just a bit to get proper eye relief when on 1.25x, as I zoom in to 4x NTCH is just fine.

Is this pretty much everyone else's experience?

It's not that big-o-deal, I still think this thing can be almost as fast as a red dot (almost), I'm just wondering if my eyes are weird.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:28:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I shoot NTCH and I'm finding that even with the SPR-EER as far forward as possible on the receiver I still need to back off the CH just a bit to get proper eye relief when on 1.25x, as I zoom in to 4x NTCH is just fine. Is this pretty much everyone else's experience?

I got my Accupoint and SPR-E from Grant a few weeks ago as well and yes, the eye relief/head position at 1.25X has also been my experience as well.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Glad you like it! The TR21 has SO MUCH eye relief (to much IMHO) that extreme NSTCH shooters can have an issues.

C4

Cool, so it's not me.

I actually love this thing. If you recall I had concerns becuase of my cross-eye dominance, but this thing really works great with both eyes open, and that whole BAC stuff really works also.

Those 300 yard targets at the rifle/shotgun match next week are screwed. So are the Javalina and Yotes I'll be chasing the last 10 days of this month.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I actually love this thing. (TR-21R)

I hear ya. I'd been debating about getting one for a little over a year. Now I'm thinking about getting the TR-20R for my 20" AR.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:40:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I actually love this thing. (TR-21R)

I hear ya. I'd been debating about getting one for a little over a year. Now I'm thinking about getting the TR-20R for my 20" AR.

I have a TR20R in stock!
C4

Why does that not surprise me. I'll get one but I've got other fish to fry right now.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#7]
With a MRP upper is there any reason to get the EER mount?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
With a MRP upper is there any reason to get the EER mount?

probably not
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#10]
C4,

SPR's in stock? Also, do you have the 30mm to 1" reduction rings? Thanks...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:00:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#12]
That's weird, I got my TR21 (red) on a Larue Tactical EER. I can still put my boogar closet right up to the charging handle at 4x or 1.25 power and I do not notice an eye relief issue at all.  What really amazes me is that I dont even see that front site post. I mean I dont even see its shadow. If I pull my head back away from charging handle and run in down the stock, I can see it then. But I never see it when I am shooting.

Bill
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top