Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2003 7:24:39 AM EDT
i see a lot of talk about the doctor optics sights. i have an eotech and dig it on the M4. i saw the dr. optic and tought it might be a possibility on a 1911. has anyone tried one on a 1911? i see people mounting the Dr. sight on their ar-15's. how does the dr. sight compare to an eotech?
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:50:47 AM EDT
Doctor is different then EOTech is becasue itr is a small sight used mostly on pistol, so your request for the 1911 will work fine with the proper mount you can purchase from Doctor. For pistol I still prefer the iron since it is still faster at the distance you use to engage with a pistol. The EOTech is made to co0witness with a M4 BUIS, the Doctor sight will not do that unless you find a mount that will push the sight up high enough. the best use for the Doctor is for a back up red dot to a powered optic scope.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 8:44:00 AM EDT
chen, you think iron sights are faster for 15 to 25 yds? do you use any fiber otpic sights to brighten up your iron sights?
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 9:05:45 AM EDT
25 yards I don't know, but at 15 i can still pop plates at 15 with speed. I don't use any figer optic sight up front either. I mainly have night sights for my first shot. after that, the night sight is pretty much useless.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 9:13:59 AM EDT
chen, you always have to make the first shot count. that's why i like night sights. sounds like there is no practical advantage to having a red dot, doctor or jpoint, on a handgun. i was hoping it may speed things up like the eotech does.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 11:16:58 AM EDT
Lots of IPSC shooters use dots to help with speed and accuracy. I certainly cant shoot as well with irons as I can assisted with some type of aiming device.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:33:40 PM EDT
DevL, i have seen the crazy HUGE red dot optics, but i like the idea of the small doctor sight. small = better, if it works. i just can't do a HUGE F ing site on a 1911.
Top Top