Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2003 7:24:39 AM EDT
i see a lot of talk about the doctor optics sights. i have an eotech and dig it on the M4. i saw the dr. optic and tought it might be a possibility on a 1911. has anyone tried one on a 1911? i see people mounting the Dr. sight on their ar-15's. how does the dr. sight compare to an eotech?
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:50:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Doctor is different then EOTech is becasue itr is a small sight used mostly on pistol, so your request for the 1911 will work fine with the proper mount you can purchase from Doctor.  For pistol I still prefer the iron since it is still faster at the distance you use to engage with a pistol.

The EOTech is made to co0witness with a M4 BUIS, the Doctor sight will not do that unless you find a mount that will push the sight up high enough.  the best use for the Doctor is for a back up red dot to a powered optic scope.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 8:44:00 AM EDT
[#2]
chen,

you think iron sights are faster for 15 to 25 yds? do you use any fiber otpic sights to brighten up your iron sights?
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 9:05:45 AM EDT
[#3]
25 yards I don't know, but at 15 i can still pop plates at 15 with speed.  

I don't use any figer optic sight up front either.  I mainly have night sights for my first shot. after that, the night sight is pretty much useless.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 9:13:59 AM EDT
[#4]
chen,

you always have to make the first shot count. that's why i like night sights.

sounds like there is no practical advantage to having a red dot, doctor or jpoint, on a handgun. i was hoping it may speed things up like the eotech does.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Lots of IPSC shooters use dots to help with speed and accuracy.  I certainly cant shoot as well with irons as I can assisted with some type of aiming device.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#6]
DevL, i have seen the crazy HUGE red dot optics, but i like the idea of the small doctor sight. small = better, if it works. i just can't do a HUGE F ing site on a 1911.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top