Site Notices
Page / 21
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sounds like they fucked up.  
View Quote
Or they didn't have rifle (non M4) feedramps in mind when they designed the mag. ( Sort of fucked up)

I used the mags in two other rifles with M4 feedramps. They performed fine.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Or they didn't have rifle (non M4) feedramps in mind when they designed the mag. ( Sort of fucked up)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like they fucked up.  

I'd say if they don't perform without feedramps I don't see how they're doing as good of a job with feedramps as a normal mag.  Sounds like marginal function.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'd say if they don't perform without feedramps I don't see how they're doing as good of a job with feedramps as a normal mag.  Sounds like marginal function.
View Quote
Don't know. OKAY designed the mag, is marketing it as having improved reliability and I am by no means an expert.

They do load and unload a little easier than regular mags.

Again, I had a low feed from a PMag as well. Maybe my rifle is (or was) at least part of the problem?

I replaced the mag catch spring with a stiffer one because it was a little weak. I just don't know for sure.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 10:22:52 PM EDT
[#4]
*UPDATE*
On the "ruler" test!

I looked and didnt have a paint stick or a ruler..
But used a end of a tool that goes in perfect.

Didn't try all 16...but did 7, pushed the followers all the way to the floor plate. I had the tool in the middle of the follower and NOT one fot hung up going down or up.

Hope I helped.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 11:03:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
*UPDATE*
On the "ruler" test!

I looked and didnt have a paint stick or a ruler..
But used a end of a tool that goes in perfect.

Didn't try all 16...but did 7, pushed the followers all the way to the floor plate. I had the tool in the middle of the follower and NOT one fot hung up going down or up.

Hope I helped.
View Quote
Thanks tooly.

None of my followers got hung up but they dragged a little ( to varying degrees)  towards the bottom where the curve is.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 2:37:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sounds good.

I'm planning on testing the rest if my E2s as well.
View Quote
I'm heading to the range in an hour here so I'll bring all three of my E2s and run them through some drills. I usually download to 5 rounds a mag and do reload stuff....but I'll have some topped off ones mixed in as well. I'm curious if there's a follower issue.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Went to the range earlier. I experienced no malfunctions whatsoever shooting the Bushmaster.

The things that I did different were that I didn't use the two E2 Mags and I changed the mag catch spring with a different (stiffer) one.

Again, the 4 mags that I used were 2 Okay Surefeed 20 rounders and a gen 2 and gen 3 PMag.

Next time I go shooting, I'm going to try the E2s in a different rifle with M4 feedramps.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#9]
@Italianstallion @tooly @pizdets @smitty_007

There's definitely something up with these new E2 mags, so please do read on. This was my second, perhaps third time using them on the range. Today was a little more extensive given each were loaded higher at 20-30 rounds. I used predominantly Wolf WPA (steel cased) and your typical Federal .223.

My issue started about half way into the trip when after a drill my FDE E2 mag would not drop free. I had to manually extract. After going back to the table I took a look at the magazine and noticed the feed lips appeared to have been spread apart. I have been keeping track of this forum and did not see any actual splitting of the metal at the bottom/back of the feed lips. I tried inserting the mag and it was next to impossible. I also noticed the blue follower seemed off axis as well. When I pressed on the sides of the E2, it seemed to have some give and flex at the spine. About all I do sometimes is smack the spine of the mag to seat rounds I insert. By no means should this cause the feed lips to spread apart or leave any indentations or damage.

Anyway, I'm a bit perplexed as to what my issue is. I'll take a closer look and image to see whether there is an actual split going on....but ideas? And for those who contacted Okay, who was your contact & email? I want to keep this all under one person if at all possible. I personally think they've got an issue going on. I use my other Okay gen 1 mags relentlessly and whack them around left and right...never a problem. Attached are photos after I got home...

Link Posted: 3/9/2019 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#10]
@Subiescott

Not good. It seems like these E2 mags aren't turning out to be so good.

So far we have just about every person who bought these mags from this thread reporting issues with them.

Here's a what the two I've been using look like.

I was going to load them up for the next range trip shortly.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#11]
It definitely looks like the ammunition has been dragging over the inside front edge of the magazine.

The standard Okay 30 round mags have more clearance over that front edge when comparing them to the E2s side by side.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 7:43:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It definitely looks like the ammunition has been dragging over the inside front edge of the magazine.

The standard Okay 30 round mags have more clearance over that front edge when comparing them to the E2s side by side.
View Quote
This is true. However I have other Aluminum Mags with those same marks on the front edge; although with much more use and the marks aren't as bad.

I'll see what Okay has to say next week. Maybe I'll just exchange them all for standard OKAYs; if they let me?
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Following this thread closely. Wish I'd found it before purchasing 20 E2's (expect delivery sometime next week). Bummer.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 8:56:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Following this thread closely. Wish I'd found it before purchasing 20 E2's (expect delivery sometime next week). Bummer.
View Quote
Send them back. Botach ( I assume you bought from them) has a 15 day return policy.

It's not the end of the world.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Honestly. The problem may not be limited to just the E2s.

I used 2 Okay 20 rounders today that I received on Thursday. I loaded them up and they worked absolutely fine at the range.

Tonight I loaded them again and the followers aren't being pushed up properly. I unloaded them and dicked around with them for a bit. I got frustrated and stopped. The followers aren't binding anywhere but the front is nose diving a bit. (While loaded)

Looks like OKAY is going to shit. The new hires don't seem so good. Look at the reviews in the link I posted earlier in the thread. No wonder why they lost the military contract.

I loaded an Okay 30 rounder ( from the same order as the 20s) tonight.  That one seemed to load fine.

This is really sad.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Honestly. The problem may not be limited to just the E2s.

I used 2 Okay 20 rounders today that I received on Thursday. I loaded them up and they worked absolutely fine at the range.

Tonight I loaded them again and the followers aren't being pushed up properly. I unloaded them and dicked around with them for a bit. I got frustrated and stopped. The followers aren't binding anywhere but the front is nose diving a bit. (While loaded)

Looks like OKAY is going to shit. The new hires don't seem so good. Look at the reviews in the link I posted earlier in the thread. No wonder why they lost the military contract.

I loaded an Okay 30 rounder ( from the same order as the 20s) tonight.  That one seemed to load fine.

This is really sad.
View Quote
Now what do we do?
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#17]
@Subiescott The guy I talked to was Nick, which I believe was the same person as tooly. He was actually very nice and helpful. Can’t remember his email but it’s the one listed under the contact section on the surefeed website.

As for your magazine I really have no idea what could cause it to spread apart like that, especially after such little use. Did you ever slam it home on a closed bolt while it was empty? I was an idiot and did this while doing dry fire and bent one of the feedlips pretty bad on the E2 mag that was intended to replace the cracked one in my training mags. It didn’t even have a single round through it yet
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Now what do we do?
View Quote
Don't know.

Check it out.

When I load to them to 15-16 rounds, the front nosedives and won't clear the front of the mag. The spring they are using with the 20s are Shit!. I got one use out of it today and it's done.

Probably, (hopefully) the only decent mag OKAY still produces is their regular 30 rounder.

That's what I'm exchanging all of these for and crossing my fingers.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
@Subiescott The guy I talked to was Nick, which I believe was the same person as tooly. He was actually very nice and helpful. Can’t remember his email but it’s the one listed under the contact section on the surefeed website.

As for your magazine I really have no idea what could cause it to spread apart like that, especially after such little use. Did you ever slam it home on a closed bolt while it was empty? I was an idiot and did this while doing dry fire and bent one of the feedlips pretty bad on the E2 mag that was intended to replace the cracked one in my training mags. It didn’t even have a single round through it yet
View Quote
One would think so but no, never slammed one home on a bolt. I have hardly had my E2s which again makes no sense why my one FDE variant had issues. There is almost too much tolerance between the walls of the mag body and follower to create flex...I've noticed. The steel cased rounds do create more friction as they are pushed into the mag...and with the E2s...it seemed like a more difficult time loading versus with brass or on the OG mags (steel or no steel).

Who's blue follower is this again? .mil?

Edit: I'll be emailing them tomorrow to see what their idea is. I've got a few questions myself and wonder if I can swap if worst case.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Don't know.

Check it out.

https://i.ibb.co/9v8ZqGj/IMG-20190309-203843249.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/Dr0KTbs/IMG-20190309-203836032.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/2N5ysMk/IMG-20190309-203828652.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/McMmXXV/IMG-20190309-203759024.jpg

When I load to them to 15-16 rounds, the front nosedives and won't clear the front of the mag. The spring they are using with the 20s are Shit!. I got one use out of it today and it's done.

Probably, (hopefully) the only decent mag OKAY still produces is their regular 30 rounder.

View Quote
Super weird, that round isn't even level in the mag. I'll have to take pics with mine loaded....OG and E2s. I believe the new way the spring mounts to the follower could be an issue. With all of us, feeding issues or not.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 11:16:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Super weird, that round isn't even level in the mag. I'll have to take pics with mine loaded....OG and E2s. I believe the new way the spring mounts to the follower could be an issue. With all of us, feeding issues or not.
View Quote
Could be. Seems like the E2s ( and the 20 rounders) are plagued with problems.

Here's the contact info for Okay.

http://www.surefeedmagazines.com/contact.cfm

CONTACT INFORMATION
Email: [email protected]

Product Management
& Order Placement:
Nick Discenza
Ph: (860) 225-8707 x179
FX: (860) 225-7047
[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 11:43:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Don't know.

Check it out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now what do we do?
Don't know.

Check it out.

Ugh.  I bought the E2 mags from 44mag.com (now out of business) and Botach.

The range I belong to is closed due to the road being impassable.  There is an indoor range I can go to and maybe I'll bring some E2 mags there tomorrow.

This is unsettling, especially with the good reputation the 30's were supposed to have.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 11:57:57 PM EDT
[#23]
From what I understand it’s their own enhanced follower, I don’t THINK it’s the mil specification (I could be wrong). Let us know what they respond, I’m sure they’ll take care of you if there’s a problem with it. Did you have any problems feeding or just drop free issues? Also, you said it started halfway into your trip, was it working normally for the first half?

I’ve got one OKAY 20 rounder that I’ll try out tomorrow to see if it has the same issues, I’ve never had problems with it but then again I don’t use it the like I use my 30 rounders.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 12:14:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
From what I understand it’s their own enhanced follower, I don’t THINK it’s the mil specification (I could be wrong). Let us know what they respond, I’m sure they’ll take care of you if there’s a problem with it. Did you have any problems feeding or just drop free issues? Also, you said it started halfway into your trip, was it working normally for the first half?

I’ve got one OKAY 20 rounder that I’ll try out tomorrow to see if it has the same issues, I’ve never had problems with it but then again I don’t use it the like I use my 30 rounders.
View Quote
They worked great for me today and now when loading them for only the second time; they nosedive.

When were yours made?
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 1:09:54 AM EDT
[#25]
GUYS!
Look....Nick will take care of you. He will ask to send them back on your dime, cause they have no way pay at first. They will replace the mags..they will make it all right.

They are making some new ones and will take a few months with a brand new batch.

He told me this himself. Im thinking of sending all 16 back in a few months.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 7:14:00 AM EDT
[#26]
I've had 20s that would present the round real low like that but they fed fine in the gun.   Didn't look like they would, but they did.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I've had 20s that would present the round real low like that but they fed fine in the gun.   Didn't look like they would, but they did.
View Quote
I'll try them again but I don't know how they can feed when I can't strip them forward with my fingers?
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#28]
I've never had any issues with the Okay 20s, but the ones that I have are all a few years old and marked NHMTG and Colt from before Okay started selling their mags under their own name.

I did have one brand new Colt/Okay mag that somehow got a bent feed lip that led to failures to feed... I have no idea how it got that bent feed lip.

If there really turns out to be a problem with these it will be a sad day for me, the Okay 20s are my favorite mags.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I've never had any issues with the Okay 20s, but the ones that I have are all a few years old and marked NHMTG and Colt from before Okay started selling their mags under their own name.

I did have one brand new Colt/Okay mag that somehow got a bent feed lip that led to failures to feed... I have no idea how it got that bent feed lip.

If there really turns out to be a problem with these it will be a sad day for me, the Okay 20s are my favorite mags.
View Quote
I messed around with them again and they appear Okay ( no pun intended) now.

It appears that the COL has to be a little shorter than with a 30 to work with these mags.

I measured all of the cartridges. There were a very few ( like 3) that measured between 2.253-2.254. I separated them and loaded them in the 30s.

The ones I loaded in the 20s were no longer than 2.245.

Normally 2.260 and shorter works fine with mags.

I'll report next time I shoot them.

One thing that I don't like is that the front of the rounds can be pushed too low, too easily with these 20 rounders.

Supposedly 20s are supposed to be very reliable compared to 30s but the way these are behaving;I don't understand how?

As far as the E2s, I'm not messing around. I already separated them and as soon as everything is arranged with OKAY; I'm exchanging them for standard 30s.

They should have tested the E2s more extensively before marketing and selling them.

They have shown to be much less reliable than the standard Surefeed Mags. Unfortunately, they are a failure.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
GUYS!
Look....Nick will take care of you. He will ask to send them back on your dime, cause they have no way pay at first. They will replace the mags..they will make it all right.

They are making some new ones and will take a few months with a brand new batch.

He told me this himself. Im thinking of sending all 16 back in a few months.
View Quote
OK, good.  I will try mine out first so i can personally say if they work or not, but I have the same date code of 2/18 so I'm sure they're affected.  More data points doesn't hurt.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 3:18:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

OK, good.  I will try mine out first so i can personally say if they work or not, but I have the same date code of 2/18 so I'm sure they're affected.  More data points doesn't hurt.
View Quote
No it doesn't hurt.

BTW the email I sent Nick contains a link to this thread.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 3:25:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No it doesn't hurt.

View Quote
Real nice!
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
No it doesn't hurt.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it doesn't hurt.

Good.  We all want this resolved in the best way possible.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I mean it's an interesting follower and I haven't had feeding issues, was curious. I'm emailing Nick now at the provided email from above and will post up what I hear.

As for the FDE mag I had predominant issues with, it wouldn't drop free. Had to tug on the mag to pull it free. After trying to reinsert it, I noticed I would either have to pound it in or it simply wouldn't fit. I was actually perplexed as to what would cause the magazine to almost "swell." My mag well is scuffed up but that's only aesthetic and a non issue....as all other mags (including the fatter gen 3 pmag) insert/dropped with ease. Originally the mag was fine, yes. During each course each mag was only topped off at 20.

Weird but it will get worked out.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 6:39:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

They worked great for me today and now when loading them for only the second time; they nosedive.

When were yours made?
View Quote
I'm gonna test this when I get home tomorrow night. Emailing Nick now and will post up what I hear back.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I messed around with them again and they appear Okay ( no pun intended) now.

It appears that the COL has to be a little shorter than with a 30 to work with these mags.

I measured all of the cartridges. There were a very few ( like 3) that measured between 2.253-2.254. I separated them and loaded them in the 30s.

The ones I loaded in the 20s were no longer than 2.245.

Normally 2.260 and shorter works fine with mags.

I'll report next time I shoot them.

One thing that I don't like is that the front of the rounds can be pushed too low, too easily with these 20 rounders.

Supposedly 20s are supposed to be very reliable compared to 30s but the way these are behaving;I don't understand how?

As far as the E2s, I'm not messing around. I already separated them and as soon as everything is arranged with OKAY; I'm exchanging them for standard 30s.

They should have tested the E2s more extensively before marketing and selling them.

They have shown to be much less reliable than the standard Surefeed Mags. Unfortunately, they are a failure.
View Quote
Yeah I'm curious how much testing went into these. I'm not mad by any means but would either like an exchange for OG 30s and/or be their guinea pig for the revisions on these E2s.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#37]
I bought 18 of these mags about two months ago from Botach and Primary Arms.  6 in each color all stamped 2-18.  I have shot exclusively with these since then putting about 6000 rounds through them.  I have had zero malfunctions or issues of any type.  They lock back and drop free easily from everything.   I've used several different rifles to include Colt, Noveske Gen 1,2,&3, Daniel Defense, Armalite, KAC, and Battlearms Development.

I'm not doubting that someone may have had an issue but this seems like typical unjustified arfcom panic at this point.  I would suggest everyone just slow down an actually go shoot with them and stop speculating from a few's hype.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I bought 18 of these mags about two months ago from Botach and Primary Arms.  6 in each color all stamped 2-18.  I have shot exclusively with these since then putting about 6000 rounds through them.  I have had zero malfunctions or issues of any type.  They lock back and drop free easily from everything.   I've used several different rifles to include Colt, Noveske Gen 1,2,&3, Daniel Defense, Armalite, KAC, and Battlearms Development.

I'm not doubting that someone may have had an issue but this seems like typical unjustified arfcom panic at this point.  I would suggest everyone just slow down an actually go shoot with them and stop speculating from a few's hype.
View Quote
I don't get the feel anyone is panicking, at least I'm not. I have gone out and shot with them however and the one mag would not drop free. It needed to be yanked out and thereafter would not re-insert into the mag well. After pushing on the sides of the feed lips and giving it a whack or two...it would go back in fine. How a mag warps to where it won't come out, then re-inserts after that is beyond me. But regardless I don't really care.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had two of them low feed a few times, ( with rifle feedramps) causing jams and bullet setbacks.

Another member had the same issue.

Yet another had one feedlip crack.

And another had severe feed lip separation.

Also a few of us had slightly sticking followers with some.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#40]
I was a bit on the fence about the E2 mags after having the feedlip crack, but OKAYs response from customer service has fully restored my confidence in them. They took care of me, and I don’t doubt that they’d do it again in the unlikely event I have another one break unexpectedly. That said, I don’t think it’s a bad thing to be discussing potential problems with any product. Who knows, maybe OKAY will make a couple tweaks to the E2 mags based off of feedback, leaving us with an even better product than before
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yeah I'm curious how much testing went into these. I'm not mad by any means but would either like an exchange for OG 30s and/or be their guinea pig for the revisions on these E2s.
View Quote
As far as I know they're just commercial EPM mags.

There was plenty of testing done on rhe design by the USMC.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 10:16:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I was a bit on the fence about the E2 mags after having the feedlip crack, but OKAYs response from customer service has fully restored my confidence in them. They took care of me, and I don’t doubt that they’d do it again in the unlikely event I have another one break unexpectedly. That said, I don’t think it’s a bad thing to be discussing potential problems with any product. Who knows, maybe OKAY will make a couple tweaks to the E2 mags based off of feedback, leaving us with an even better product than before
View Quote
Thats right...nick said he was glad that I contacted him. He rather that then people bad mouth them this gives them a chance to resolve any problems.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 10:16:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Nick got back with me. In a nutshell, he asked if I can ship  them the two mags I've been using; so that they can examine and test them. He said he can't be sure but he suspects that the material on the front of the mag  may be the cause. I do have rub marks in that area

He said to that they will send me two replacements in the meantime. I think that's very fair and good customer service.

See the rub marks on the top front of the mags.

Link Posted: 3/11/2019 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Nick got back with me. In a nutshell, he asked if I can ship  them the two mags I've been using; so that they can examine and test them. He said he can't be sure but he suspects that the material on the front of the mag  may be the cause. I do have rub marks in that area

He said to that they will send me two replacements in the meantime. I think that's very fair and good customer service.

See the rub marks on the top front of the mags.

https://i.ibb.co/Nx1fD9s/IMG-20190309-173409962.jpg
View Quote
Wow this is interesting
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 1:28:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Wow this is interesting
View Quote
Nick is good people.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Nick is good people.
View Quote
Seems that way.

It was mentioned earlier that the material on the front of the mag is higher, in relation to the front of the followers ;with these E2s than regular Okays and other USGI .

The top of the front of the follower sits level or slightly above the material on standard mags. With these E2s ( at least the ones I've been using) , the follower sits slightly lower; hence the rub marks. Could very well be the cause  of the problems I've been experiencing?  I'll have to check the rest of mine.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Seems that way.

It was mentioned earlier that the material on the front of the mag is higher, in relation to the front of the followers ;with these E2s than regular Okays and other USGI .

The top of the front of the follower sits level or slightly above the material on standard mags. With these E2s ( at least the ones I've been using) , the follower sits slightly below; hence the rub marks. Could very well be the cause  of the problems I've been experiencing?  I'll have to check the rest of mine.
View Quote
I'll check some of mine also.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Seems that way.

The top of the front of the follower sits level or slightly above the material on standard mags. With these E2s ( at least the ones I've been using) , the follower sits slightly lower; hence the rub marks. Could very well be the cause  of the problems I've been experiencing?  I'll have to check the rest of mine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nick is good people.
Seems that way.

I noticed this also. I compared to my preban Okay GI mags and exactly as stated the front of the mag housing sits higher in the E2's.  When I try to push a round out with my fingers the round will catch the front of the mag body on the front edge of the cartridge case.  This would clearly cause the rub marks pictured.  I now have thirty of these mags and at this point I would not trust them.  I have only loaded 10 and have not shot any of them.  I think Okay should replace them.  What I don't understand is if they are making military EPM mags why not just make those and sell them to the public in the same finishes as the E2?  I bought these partly so I could use M855A1 safely in my rifles as well as any other round and not have to worry about what mag I load with what ammo.  I had intentions of stocking 50 to 100 of them but now I do not have faith in the these mags at all.  They need a redesign in my opinion.  Quite disappointed however I do have confidence that Okay will fix the issue.  I have been wondering why they have been out of stock everywhere and my guess is that Okay knows there are serious problems with the E2 mag body.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 8:20:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
@GreenGoose

I completely agree which is why I want to try mine out as well.  If the range I belong to wasn't snowed in, I would have gone yesterday.  There is a good indoor range close by and I will be going there soon.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I noticed this also. I compared to my preban Okay GI mags and exactly as stated the front of the mag housing sits higher in the E2's.  When I try to push a round out with my fingers the round will catch the front of the mag body on the front edge of the cartridge case.  This would clearly cause the rub marks pictured.  I now have thirty of these mags and at this point I would not trust them.  I have only loaded 10 and have not shot any of them.  I think Okay should replace them.  What I don't understand is if they are making military EPM mags why not just make those and sell them to the public in the same finishes as the E2?  I bought these partly so I could use M855A1 safely in my rifles as well as any other round and not have to worry about what mag I load with what ammo.  I had intentions of stocking 50 to 100 of them but now I do not have faith in the these mags at all.  They need a redesign in my opinion.  Quite disappointed however I do have confidence that Okay will fix the issue.  I have been wondering why they have been out of stock everywhere and my guess is that Okay knows there are serious problems with the E2 mag body.
View Quote
All of mine are the same way as well. Anyway, I'm planning on sending my two E2s to Nick by the end of the week.

I wanted to exchange all of them for regular Okays but this is the way Nick wants to do it ( for now) and I respect that.
Page / 21
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top