Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:07:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2010 6:17:54 PM EDT by AmericanPatriot1776]
Just bought ten of them. They are in the wrapper, but the floorplates have no markings on them. Should the floorplates have markings? The only thing I can find is the marking "6P199 05 / 06" near the bottom of the mag.

Do these mags have a good reputation?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:22:01 PM EDT
Al I have ever had worked fine. Have not seen a marking on their floorplates for a while now not sure when they quit.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:38:23 PM EDT
The 6P199 is the cage code for Center Industries.

https://www.bpn.gov/bincs/choose.asp

Center Ind. mags are GTG.

Some Center Ind. mags don't have markings on the floor plates, some do. The one's that I do have that have markings on the floor plates are 00 & 01 (yrs) marked. The NIW 05 & 06 Center Ind. mags I have do not have markings.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:10:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2010 7:20:01 PM EDT by CJan_NH]
Originally Posted By j3_:
Al I have ever had worked fine. Have not seen a marking on their floorplates for a while now not sure when they quit.

I've got about a dozen of the older Centers in circulation and they are all good to go as well. Never had a problem with any of them

ETA: All of mine have Magpul GenIII followers installed, but that was done for my peace of mind as much as anything else. To be candid, they never missed a beat with the original followers-at least mine didn't.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:45:27 PM EDT
Ya, the '05 ones I have don't have markings on the floorplate, just a lot on the main body.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:39:26 AM EDT
I saw a few vender's selling some at a show a few weeks back, I passed as they didn't have any markings on the FP but were in wrappers saying Center Ind. They wanted $10 a piece for them.

Found some boxed Okay's for $7.00 each and bought them instead.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:43:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By klutz347:
I saw a few vender's selling some at a show a few weeks back, I passed as they didn't have any markings on the FP but were in wrappers saying Center Ind. They wanted $10 a piece for them.

Found some boxed Okay's for $7.00 each and bought them instead.

Good deal on the OKay mags, especially from a gun show. Next time you find Center mags w/o markings on the FP just look for the cage code (mentioned above) on the mag body.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:47:30 AM EDT
I have some like that. I hope they work good, I have never opened the packaging.
Top Top