Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:07:50 PM EDT
Just bought ten of them. They are in the wrapper, but the floorplates have no markings on them. Should the floorplates have markings? The only thing I can find is the marking "6P199 05 / 06" near the bottom of the mag.

Do these mags have a good reputation?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Al I have ever had worked fine. Have not seen a marking on their floorplates for a while now not sure when they quit.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:38:23 PM EDT
[#2]
The 6P199 is the cage code for Center Industries.

https://www.bpn.gov/bincs/choose.asp

Center Ind. mags are GTG.

Some Center Ind. mags don't have markings on the floor plates, some do. The one's that I do have that have markings on the floor plates are 00 & 01 (yrs) marked. The NIW 05 & 06 Center Ind. mags I have do not have markings.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:10:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Al I have ever had worked fine. Have not seen a marking on their floorplates for a while now not sure when they quit.

I've got about a dozen of the older Centers in circulation and they are all good to go as well. Never had a problem with any of them

ETA: All of mine have Magpul GenIII followers installed, but that was done for my peace of mind as much as anything else. To be candid, they never missed a beat with the original followers-at least mine didn't.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Ya, the '05 ones I have don't have markings on the floorplate, just a lot on the main body.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:39:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw a few vender's selling some at a show a few weeks back, I passed as they didn't have any markings on the FP but were in wrappers saying Center Ind.  They wanted $10 a piece for them.

Found some boxed Okay's for $7.00 each and bought them instead.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I saw a few vender's selling some at a show a few weeks back, I passed as they didn't have any markings on the FP but were in wrappers saying Center Ind.  They wanted $10 a piece for them.

Found some boxed Okay's for $7.00 each and bought them instead.

Good deal on the OKay mags, especially from a gun show. Next time you find Center mags w/o markings on the FP just look for the cage code (mentioned above) on the mag body.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:47:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I have some like that.  I hope they work good, I have never opened the packaging.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top