Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/7/2005 11:22:37 AM EDT
Hi guys been thinking about getting a cmag but was wondering about the duribility and reliability? I have a chinese 120 round drum but it sticks down under the rifle a little to far for me. The cmag looks a little more compact.
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 11:26:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 5:42:07 PM EDT
If you have $265 to throw around at your leisure, then the "beta" c-mag is (i guess) a fun toy or novelty type of thing to have. Pain to load tho. As far as actual usage, i would say using it for prolonged semi-auto fire with a bipod is probably the most fun you'll have. I have a friend who's had trouble with them on full-auto. I wouldn't trust my life with them and they are too heavy and more of an inconvience than anything. As another poster said, they failed military testing - I read that article as well.

- rem
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 10:27:04 AM EDT
I have one but would definatly have to say they are heavy, without a doubt. They stick out pretty far on the sidea and did I mention that they are heavy. pretty fun to load up and just shoot though. I mainly bought mine in case we run into problems later on with them being banned and such. They were alot more expensive a few months back. RG
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:16:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:56:31 PM EDT
I'm just saving mine in it's box for the next AWB. I saw them for as much as $800 before the AWB sunset.

In a scenario where you will be shooting from a relatively stationary position, say for example for suppresive fire, I see no reason why you couldn't rely on it. Plus, it would save you 3 mag changes.
Top Top