Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/11/2006 8:42:01 AM EDT
I hate loading my Colt 9mm AR mags.  It hurts my itty bitty thumbs.  Is there a mag loader that would work?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:17:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried the bump method?  They get easier to load the more rounds you have in  them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:40:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I actually found a Cambi loader today.  WOW.  What a difference.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:19:04 AM EDT
[#4]
The cambi is nice, but the "bump" method really works quite well.  Especially handy if you are on the range and forgot your loader.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:47:05 AM EDT
[#5]
What's the bump method?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Load 4 or 5 rounds in the mag like normal.  Place the next round on top of these and hold it in place with your fore finger while holding the mag with the rest of your hand.  Bump the bottom of the mag on something firm.  The weight of the rounds compresses the mag spring and the round you have on top of the mag pops right in.  It might take you 3 or 4 tries before you “get it”, but once you understand how this work it’s easy.  You don’t have to bump very hard and the more rounds you have in the mag the easier it gets.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I am using the Oly system with Sten mags. Will the Cambi loader work with Sten mags?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:18:20 AM EDT
[#8]
before the cambi loader i would just lay the round on the wooden bench and snap the rounds in place by forcing the mag onto the round.

though feedlip damage was possible i never had a problem with it.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top