BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 1:15:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Now if PSA sold an actual A2 with the CHF FN barrel instead of the detachable carry handle version and calling that an A2.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 9:59:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Missed the first batch but I got in on the second. I'm a happy camper
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like they’re sold out
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 9:09:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Keep checking.  Seems like they go in and out of stock.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 9:47:39 PM EDT
[#5]
They're back in stock.

Got an email today, and ordered one.

My FN A2 upper assembly will soon be happy.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 10:42:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Got one on the first release date but don’t have a shipping confirmation as of yet.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:45:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got one on the first release date but don’t have a shipping confirmation as of yet.
View Quote
Same here, no movement on the order yet.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:08:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Mines pending shipping.  Waiting on pickup. Maybe Monday?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:32:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Now if PSA sold an actual A2 with the CHF FN barrel instead of the detachable carry handle version and calling that an A2.
View Quote
Yep.

Oh yeah, my lower should be at my FFL on Monday per my email and tracking info from PSA.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Mine had the shipping label printed on the 24th...apparently shipped yesterday and should be at my FFL on Monday.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine shipped today.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Ordered mine within minutes of getting the first announcement they were available on Tues. 12/17/19 at 16:40 hrs. ETA at my preferred local dealer: Monday, 12/30/19 afternoon. Can't wait...it's like Christmas Day, part 2!
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#13]
So anybody's arrive yet? Some guys over on the AK got theirs already and posted some pics and seem to be really happy.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Picked up mine today from my preferred dealer's shop. I will say that I am impressed with the overall quality of the machining & finish; deep hard black anodizing, and no flaws or tool marks to be seen anywhere, however, the markings appear to be laser engraved as opposed to true roll-marking (not a deal breaker for me). Since I ordered on the first day of release, I got a low serial number (xxx12x). The guy that did the transfer for me thought is was cool, and would be perfect for an A2 clone build, and I said "Hell, yeah. That's my plan!". Overall, I think PSA did a great job (as usual), and has a winner with this one...Now let's see if they roll out a M16A1 version. If so, I'm down for one!
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Back in stock
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#16]
2 on the way

2020 is off to a good start
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 3:06:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, that was fast. As soon as I got the email notification for being in stock, I went to order one and it said they were out of stock again.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Dangit I blinked,I missed again, I was hoping the latest supply would have atleast lasted till tomorrow afternoon.

Not all that worried though, just going to use it for my dedicated 22 FN upper. Already have a Anderson Lower for it now. Will watch when they come in again and try again. I do know the notification email system did not let me know they came back in though.

I think there will plenty to go around eventually when buying slows some. Unless someone is doing some real serious Hoarding.LOL
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Psa's email notification is pretty slow
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Psa's email notification is pretty slow
View Quote
If it even works, I have never gotten an email from it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Dangit I blinked,I missed again, I was hoping the latest supply would have atleast lasted till tomorrow afternoon.

Not all that worried though, just going to use it for my dedicated 22 FN upper. Already have a Anderson Lower for it now. Will watch when they come in again and try again. I do know the notification email system did not let me know they came back in though.

I think there will plenty to go around eventually when buying slows some. Unless someone is doing some real serious Hoarding.LOL
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Per the master thread PSA said they are not going to limit production of these lowers.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Palmetto-State-Armory-has-lost-a-customer-/5-2109794/&page=566&anc=82730010#i82738413

Quoted:

Yes! We are not limiting the quantity of these. Plenty more batches to come! Happy New Year to all!!

Thanks,

Josiah
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 11:39:54 PM EDT
[#22]
i figured so...kinda like their m4a1 lowers

cloners will always need lowers
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 11:45:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
i figured so...kinda like their m4a1 lowers

cloners will always need lowers
View Quote
There aren't many left to clone unless they start using different forgings. It's a deep well, but it does have a bottom.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Got my lowers today and put the Capco upper I bought in April on it.

Link Posted: 1/2/2020 6:24:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks great.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 7:45:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Very nice looks like mine two tone gray upper and black lower just got mine put together this eve now waiting on BCG and charging handle.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 9:18:29 AM EDT
[#27]
More back up online.  Got two.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 12:47:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
More back up online.  Got two.
View Quote
As did I.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 3:04:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Gone again. I wander if they are only getting maybe 10 or 20 or so in at a time? Does PSA actually make anything in House or it is all manufactured elsewhere. I am guessing it is the latter. The receivers are maybe just bought and engraved by them maybe?

Another question, I seen one recipient said these are laser or CNC engraved. Rather than roll stamped. This is the case for sure?
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#30]
I never got the back in stock email.  And I requested it twice.  I kept the page bookmarked and kept refreshing this morning to be surprised it was in stock.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 4:28:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Gone again. I wander if they are only getting maybe 10 or 20 or so in at a time? Does PSA actually make anything in House or it is all manufactured elsewhere. I am guessing it is the latter. The receivers are maybe just bought and engraved by them maybe?

Another question, I seen one recipient said these are laser or CNC engraved. Rather than roll stamped. This is the case for sure?
View Quote
100% wrong.

They own their own forge, inhouse machining and recently got their own anodizing set up. They are fully vertically integrated. They have a bunch of factory tours on youtube also, but here is a quick link.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/Any-chance-we-can-see-a-behind-the-scenes-of-PSA-series-of-videos-/301-286917/
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 11:06:39 PM EDT
[#32]
I finally went and picked mine up today after letting it sit at my dealer for a week

Link Posted: 1/14/2020 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

As did I.  
View Quote
Picked mine up today. Nice clean markings!  Although it doesn't have any of the features of the Blackcreek Precision A2 marked lowers, the markings are superior.

For $49.95, you can't beat them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Mine have been sitting at the FFL for a week, haven’t been able to get away from work long enough.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Picking mine up Friday
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 10:12:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Picked mine up today. Nice clean markings!  Although it doesn't have any of the features of the Blackcreek Precision A2 marked lowers, the markings are superior.

For $49.95, you can't beat them.
View Quote
Curious, what makes the Markings "superior" to the BCP one? I actually thought the BCP ones had better roll marks, but I may see things differently than others,LOL

I am not 100% certain on this as I am no expert. But the BCP ones might be roll marked, mine sure seems to be.. The PSAs appear to laser engraved? The PSAs are definitely priced lower though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:15:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Curious, what makes the Markings "superior" to the BCP one? I actually thought the BCP ones had better roll marks, but I may see things differently than others,LOL

I am not 100% certain on this as I am no expert. But the BCP ones might be roll marked, mine sure seems to be.. The PSAs appear to laser engraved? The PSAs are definitely priced lower though.
View Quote
The font and spacing. Aside from that ,BCP is still my favorite. I don't think the BCPs are rollmarked...
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:26:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The font and spacing. Aside from that ,BCP is still my favorite. I don't think the BCPs are rollmarked...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

The BCP lowers say the correct things, but aside from that are all wrong.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Interesting, I have studied as many original FN A2 Receivers pics I could find and I thought the BCP is done very well as far the markings, profile and such. Maybe more off when you need a Colt Lower Clone, but great for my FN Clones. Either way, they are both good and they are just A2 clone Lowers anyway. None will be perfect I do not suppose.

I guess it takes a more precision trained eye than mine, to see what is way off,LOL
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Interesting, I have studied as many original FN A2 Receivers pics I could find and I thought the BCP is done very well as far the markings, profile and such. Maybe more off when you need a Colt Lower Clone, but great for my FN Clones. Either way, they are both good and they are just A2 clone Lowers anyway. None will be perfect I do not suppose.

I guess it takes a more precision trained eye than mine, to see what is way off,LOL
View Quote
It boils down to a cosmetic thing really. I like the extra features the BCPs have, although you pay extra for them.
If BCP ever (and I don't understand why not) has a run of M4A1s I will snag a few of those too.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 11:44:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Got my lowers today and put the Capco upper I bought in April on it.

https://i.imgur.com/3i1BLgkl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/O4WVAEml.jpg
View Quote
Looking good,  love those Capco uppers, a bargain for a real military A2 upper.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Has anyone found those Capco uppers anywhere else for sale recently?
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 8:36:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Ordered my lower tonight. Have a Colt 20” hb upper waiting for it

Who has the best lower parts kit deals?
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 11:02:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
https://www.cdnnsports.com/ar15-lower-parts-kit-29pc-223-bushmaster-a2-grip.html#.XiJ08y9Onxw
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 7:49:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Has anyone found those Capco uppers anywhere else for sale recently?
View Quote
http://www.armslist.com/posts/9865626/terre-haute-indiana-rifles-for-sale--surplus-m16a2-capco-uppers-ar15-

He has them listed on GB also,but $30.00 more.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 10:20:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
JSE Surplus
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Midway has this one on sale for $39.99 right now. Add enough stuff to get over $49, and you get free shipping:

AR-STONER AR-15 Complete Lower Receiver Parts Kit
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#48]
These are $23, but I have never used them. Seen them referred too a few times here, but never seen a long term review of them.
Maybe be an awesome place to get basic mill-spec parts or crap.

https://www.unbrandedar.com/lower-parts-kit-p/7035-0012-1520.htm
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#49]
The PSA lower happens to match the dark anodizing of my upper perfectly. I used a DPMS stripped upper for this build.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:01:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The PSA lower happens to match the dark anodizing of my upper perfectly. I used a DPMS stripped upper for this build.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/419235/psa_m16a2_2_jpg-1243341.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/419235/psa_m16a2_1_jpg-1243342.JPG
View Quote
How does the texture compare?

My PSA A2s are all grainy.
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top