Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/7/2003 6:45:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/7/2003 6:54:07 PM EDT by eddiesar15]
Just got my new Bushmaster DCM lower with dual stage trigger and butt stock weight.
I really like the let off and the overall feel of the lower,but what I was suprised about-- was the triggers amount of pull,I was expecting a little less pull.
I had no idea that the trigger is set at (by law)to a 4Lb pull.
Any thoughts,or comments more than welcome.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:30:34 AM EDT
the trigger is supposed to be 3 1/2 lbs. on the first stage, 1 lb. for the final stage to meet the CMP/NRA Highpower rifle Match rules for 4 1/2 lb. total trigger pull weight. CMP rifles are built for this competition.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 5:21:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By eddiesar15: Just got my new Bushmaster DCM lower with dual stage trigger and butt stock weight. I really like the let off and the overall feel of the lower,but what I was suprised about-- was the triggers amount of pull,I was expecting a little less pull. I had no idea that the trigger is set at (by law)to a 4Lb pull. Any thoughts,or comments more than welcome.
View Quote
There is no such "law" that sets the trigger to 4 lbs. As the other poster stated, to compete in a highpower match the rules state a *4 1/2* lb. weight. You might as well go ahead and get ready to purchase another trigger for your Bushmaster. The Bushmaster two stage is a POS. They are very tricky to keep shooting correctly and to keep it adjusted. I cannot tell you how many I have seen/heard that went bad. It will also do it at the worst possible time, at a match. Be prepared, it will happen.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 11:04:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By rebel_rifle:
Originally Posted By eddiesar15: Just got my new Bushmaster DCM lower with dual stage trigger and butt stock weight. I really like the let off and the overall feel of the lower,but what I was suprised about-- was the triggers amount of pull,I was expecting a little less pull. I had no idea that the trigger is set at (by law)to a 4Lb pull. Any thoughts,or comments more than welcome.
View Quote
There is no such "law" that sets the trigger to 4 lbs. As the other poster stated, to compete in a highpower match the rules state a *4 1/2* lb. weight. You might as well go ahead and get ready to purchase another trigger for your Bushmaster. The Bushmaster two stage is a POS. They are very tricky to keep shooting correctly and to keep it adjusted. I cannot tell you how many I have seen/heard that went bad. It will also do it at the worst possible time, at a match. Be prepared, it will happen.
View Quote
I was afraid of that,I know I wasnt crazy when I felt the trigger on the Bushmaster,I guess Im gonna buy another trigger from RB Precision,I have one on another lower and like it better,its a real bummer--------I wasnt expecting this out of a bushy.
Top Top